Stomach goes gargle

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She gets a half a pill, and I have a pill popper, so its just the matter of how far down her throat do I need to get it. Shes never had to have pills her whole life so she is also very unhappy with these turn of events and keeps throwing a tantrum.
Ooh, you have a pill popper, that's good. Our cats haven't had to take many pills either, though there's been a fair bit of syringe work, which also isn't very pleasant. (Edwina constantly spat out her syringed medicine after her surgery... what a mess!)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

solusumbra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well looks like I’m going to have a new update for the vet tomorrow, meow meow almost just vomited. And by the way she’s acting it’s going to happen before the night is over.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well looks like I’m going to have a new update for the vet tomorrow, meow meow almost just vomited. And by the way she’s acting it’s going to happen before the night is over.
Oh no, I'm very sorry to hear that. I hope she proves you wrong, though I can usually tell, too. It's just awful when you can tell it's likely to happen but there's not much you can do to prevent it. (Our cats have been barfing lately, too, though I think that's mostly because we've had some menu problems: they started to hate one kind of food and aren't thrilled about another right now. And when they don't do well on one meal, there's a domino effect...)

Hoping you have a quiet night.

solusumbra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She made it through the night which has really surprised me. It definitely wasn’t an easy night for her a lot of licking and swallowing.

solusumbra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
New email to the vet sent... now just time for waiting. I’m wondering that since I had a hard time giving her, her pill yesterday morning if that’s why she had a bad night. Sadly that would mean she isn’t going to fair well with out the meds. Got her to eat the baby food this morning.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
New email to the vet sent... now just time for waiting. I’m wondering that since I had a hard time giving her, her pill yesterday morning if that’s why she had a bad night. Sadly that would mean she isn’t going to fair well with out the meds. Got her to eat the baby food this morning.
I'm glad to hear she made it through the night and then ate baby food this morning, that's a good breakfast. I hope the vet writes back soon!

solusumbra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Her new dry food just came the purina pro turkey and oats and she just inhaled a 1/2 cup and is looking around for more. Had I know she was going to scarf it down like that I wouldn’t of given her a full half cup. As long as she doesn’t vomit it I’ll be super happy. Also it comes in another flavor lamb and rice and I would like it get it if this one works out so she doesn’t get bored of just the one flavor

solusumbra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just got an email from the vet she said we can do an ultrasound and I asked for a price, or she said we can just go straight to a trying a steroid, and another round of the anti vomit. Just waiting for a reply back.

solusumbra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok she’s going in for the ultrasound on Friday. Drop her off in the morning and pick her up in the afternoon. Expensive at $250 but at least then we know for sure what is going on. She will have to go one day without any meds but we will just have to get by....

solusumbra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just realize she going to be there for around 7 hours she’s going to be so scared..... I know this has to be done but oh my gosh I feel so bad
Oh my gosh now I’m having a panic attack thinking they might have to sedate/ anesthesia

Last edited:

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just got an email from the vet she said we can do an ultrasound and I asked for a price, or she said we can just go straight to a trying a steroid, and another round of the anti vomit. Just waiting for a reply back.
That's a decent choice to give... I'd go for the ultrasound, too.

I just realize she going to be there for around 7 hours she’s going to be so scared..... I know this has to be done but oh my gosh I feel so bad
Oh my gosh now I’m having a panic attack thinking they might have to sedate/ anesthesia
Wow, that's a long stay at the vet's but it will also give them a chance to observe her, which is good. And with a little luck, she won't need to be sedated. (Edwina didn't; I was very surprised.)

Saving the best for last: I'm very glad she's enjoying the new food, that's great news. 🤞 again, of course, that she keeps it all down.

solusumbra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She’s eating less again and just over all acts like she doesn’t feel over good. Doesn’t even want to cuddle anymore. I’m having little panic attacks about leaving her at the vets for so long but just looking at her I know it needs to be done. But panic isn’t always a logical thing. We both just have to make it one more day for answers.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She’s eating less again and just over all acts like she doesn’t feel over good. Doesn’t even want to cuddle anymore. I’m having little panic attacks about leaving her at the vets for so long but just looking at her I know it needs to be done. But panic isn’t always a logical thing. We both just have to make it one more day for answers.
I was just thinking of you, wondering how Meow Meow is, so was glad to see your post when I came back to my computer. I'm sorry, though, to hear that she's not feeling so good again.

Yes, you have exactly the right angle to focus on: just one more day for some answers. It's always so hard to leave them at the vet, even for a short time, but it will definitely be for the better... I had similar worries when Edwina had her ultrasound. Even though we never found out exactly what went wrong in her stomach at least the ultrasound gave us information to make some decisions about how to get her healthy again. It sounds like you have a very good vet so I'm sure they'll take great care of her while she's with them. And I'm sure they'll offer you the best options they can for Meow Meow's care.

Maybe there's something you can do while she's at the vet's that's hard to do when she's at home? When Edwina was at the vet's (along with her sister, since they always have to go together) for her ultrasound, we vacuumed and did other loud household chores that the cats hate! I can also say that it was a brief bit of respite from the incredible stress of taking care of Edwina -- I felt particularly able to relax a little in that brief stretch of time because I knew that Edwina was in great hands with our vet and the ultrasound vet. I'm sure Meow Meow will also be in good hands!

solusumbra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So today she hasn’t had any of the anti vomit meds can’t remember for the life of me how to spell it. But anyways I’ve noticed a massive difference in her appetite and a bit of her attitude, both are so much better.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So today she hasn’t had any of the anti vomit meds can’t remember for the life of me how to spell it. But anyways I’ve noticed a massive difference in her appetite and a bit of her attitude, both are so much better.
Cerenia. (But you can just call it Serenity if you want!) I'm glad she's eating well and in a good mood, that's great to hear. Is she done with the batch of Cerenia you got last week? (It was eight days, wasn't it?)

solusumbra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Cerenia. (But you can just call it Serenity if you want!) I'm glad she's eating well and in a good mood, that's great to hear. Is she done with the batch of Cerenia you got last week? (It was eight days, wasn't it?)
Yep shes all done, no meds for today, but that is how I noticed she seems to feel better and eats more without it.

Last edited:

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep shes all done, no meds for today, but that is how I noticed she seems to feel better and eats more without it.
It could be that and/or that it actually did "reset" her a bit so she's feeling better. Either way (or both), I'm glad she's doing better!

solusumbra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It could be that and/or that it actually did "reset" her a bit so she's feeling better. Either way (or both), I'm glad she's doing better!
My vet called alittle awhile ago and I told them I was trying not to chicken out about leaving her there for so long and I’m a moment of what I would call inappropriate humor I was told “she will be fine we don’t kick them or anything” by the way it was the office lady that said that not my vet.

Last edited:

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My vet called alittle awhile ago and I told them I was trying not to chicken out about leaving her there for so long and I’m a moment of what I would call inappropriate humor I was told “she will be fine we don’t kick them or anything” by the way it was the office lady that said that not my vet.
I saw this before you edited it and was contemplating what to write... Anyway, that was definitely inappropriate for her to say. Your vet sounds great so I'm very relieved to know she wasn't the one who said that. (I was having a big "whoa" reaction... I always say "the vet" for the whole office, too!)

I'm sure Meow Meow will be absolutely fine. One of the great things about ultrasound is that it's noninvasive. I truly do understand your nerves, though... I always have a fear of what they'll find plus a guilty feeling that I can't be with the cat, even though I know it's impossible. I hope you'll see the vet or a nice vet tech when you drop Meow Meow off -- that always helps me feel better about everything.

solusumbra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I saw this before you edited it and was contemplating what to write... Anyway, that was definitely inappropriate for her to say. Your vet sounds great so I'm very relieved to know she wasn't the one who said that. (I was having a big "whoa" reaction... I always say "the vet" for the whole office, too!)

I'm sure Meow Meow will be absolutely fine. One of the great things about ultrasound is that it's noninvasive. I truly do understand your nerves, though... I always have a fear of what they'll find plus a guilty feeling that I can't be with the cat, even though I know it's impossible. I hope you'll see the vet or a nice vet tech when you drop Meow Meow off -- that always helps me feel better about everything.
Yea it took me a min after I wrote that to relieve it needed better clarification...