Stolen dog quickly found but lots of questions

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It has a happy ending but there's just so many :headscratch: The alleged dognapper claimed the dog was the one he was supposed to be walking. Why would anyone randomly walking by a parked car and break in to get a dog that they claim they're supposed to be dog walking??

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont know the specifics of this case.

Where I am, its not uncommon for pets to be stolen. This can include being taken from their owners with the threat of bodily harm.

Especially during covid, there is a huge demand for pets and they are sold for high prices.

If I owned a dog, I would not leave it unattended and out of sight.

I feel sick seeing little cute dogs tied outside a store with the owner nowhere to be seen. On occasion I have even watched over the dog from a distance and waited a few minutes for the owner to return and have had to resist the urge to lecture them about the danger they put their animal in. At least a big do could protect itself or bark loudly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No, the car windows and sunroof were open so the dog had plenty of ventilation. And it wasn't a warm day. I agree that no pet should ever be left in a car regardless of the weather. Maybe this dog owner will think twice next time he has to run to work for something and brings the dog with him. I'm glad the dog was returned safely and the dognapper arrested and charged. There appears to be no connection between the dognapper and the dog owner. Seems to be a case where the dognapper was in the area and broke into the car to take the dog for some reason other than the claimed "I'm supposed to be walking this dog". There may be a follow up news story on it to answer all those questions.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A follow up story: ‘Really sorry that happened’: Man accused of stealing dog in Cambridge appears in court

It's still :headscratch: why the guy thought that the dog inside of a parked car in the parking lot of a business was the dog he claimed was supposed to be walking and why he kept the dog for over 24 hours.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
He tried to dognap but was just not ready with a really good explanation.....not that there was ever going to be one. The woman who "found" Lady Gaga's French bulldogs and turned them in for the reward has now been implicated in the crime. That was definitely predictable.

Dognapping happens all over the place here, especially small, cute popular dogs. You have to be vigilant, even walking them down the street.