Stolen Cat Need Advise

Moazzam

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Today 12-27-2017 i had my cat stolen from outside my house the workers report that they have seen someone catching it and taking it with him on bike.My cat doesnt know how to jump and all the doors were closed. of out and it got out of my room because of the maid .I think the people who took my cat is one of worker as they may be lying ,my maid as she let her go outside and then after work she went on the opposite direction of the road of her house in the direction worker tell about the man who took my cat.
Any advise please and one more thing the society guards told that they didnt see any one on bike passing through there before or after the incident for a long time

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Laws vary depending on where you are. Can you tell us what country your in (state, county or region to narrow it down if you are comfortable).

I am in the US and stealing a pet would be considered theft. As much as we love our pets the law considers them property. Unless the animal is purebred with a documented value it is usually petty theft at that. Which really is sad and wrong in my personal opinion. In most cases the authorities will help people reclaim if they know who took their animal or you can go after them in civil court.

The first step is to contact your local law enforcement and see if they will take a report on it. If they will, tell them your suspicions about who. If they won't, it depends on how far you want to take it. At the very least put up signs in your neighborhood. You can go further then that and I would since someone could conceivably carry the cat a mile or two on the bike. Reach out through any local channels (Craigslist, Facebook, Neighbors, etc) and spread word about your missing cat. Hopefully your cat has a microchip, if so call the registering company and make sure it is updated (call two separate times and talk to two agents to verify the first one updated it properly). Make up a sign to give to any vet or rescue in a 30 mile radius that includes your cats picture, description, and microchip number. Yes, 30 miles. You can go further. Someone near me recently lost their dog and through a string of events the dog ended up with a rescue 45 miles away. It was sheer luck that a random person who checks lost pets against Petfinder records recognized the dog and after six weeks she was reunited with her family.

Last edited:

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:alright: What a sad story :( That is suspicious that the maid went in the opposite direction. How are they acting now? The next time that you ask about your cat, pay attention to the other person's eyes when they answer you - people who are lying will look to the left when they are thinking of a lie and they blink a lot while they are lying (I was taught that years ago by a cop who was a hostage negotiator for the s.w.a.t. team - it worked very well when I worked in a criminal defense legal office. The exception is when someone doesn't blink at all - sometimes they are trying extra hard to make you believe what they are saying or they have are being psychotic). Prayers and vibes that you get your cat back soon :vibes::vibes::vibes: