Stocking Up On Flea And Tick Products In Bulk

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually purchase three months worth of flea products for my cats in bulk online but recently the place I have purchased from discontinued doing so. I have looked on ebay and haven't found any trustworthy sellers. I am wondering where I can get my needed items now. Amazon sells advantage but its a bit more than what I was paying previously and I'd like to use them as a last resort.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I only buy flea medications from Chewy, 1800petmeds, or a known pet store. The reason being that sometimes those discount or reduced prices are because it is a knock off. It happens on eBay but also Amazon and WalMart through the third party sellers. Since they can give themselves very convincing names or even slide in by pricing a penny lower on the same listing, it can be difficult to tell until you get it. Many times, the fakes are very convincing visually but the chemicals in them may be ineffective or harmful.

I know we are all trying to save money but flea medicine is one of those things I don't price shop extensively. I will check the reliable stores that I know and buy the best price among them. I keep an eye out for sales, coupons and specials then buy several months when they price drops some.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you check Walmart? Some products they can ship to your store.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you check Walmart? Some products they can ship to your store.
I did, they are wanting more than Amazon for Advantage. I find this season has started off badly for fleas. I'm battling them much worse than normal. I'll probably end up buying it from Amazon with some precor concentrate for the house.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only buy flea medications from Chewy, 1800petmeds, or a known pet store. The reason being that sometimes those discount or reduced prices are because it is a knock off. It happens on eBay but also Amazon and WalMart through the third party sellers. Since they can give themselves very convincing names or even slide in by pricing a penny lower on the same listing, it can be difficult to tell until you get it. Many times, the fakes are very convincing visually but the chemicals in them may be ineffective or harmful.

I know we are all trying to save money but flea medicine is one of those things I don't price shop extensively. I will check the reliable stores that I know and buy the best price among them. I keep an eye out for sales, coupons and specials then buy several months when they price drops some.
I found a supplement I've used in the past on Amazon and was totally thrilled. I checked the supplements website and they had a large (LARGE) disclaimer that they only sell their products through licensed health care professionals and any other seller was scamming.
That made me pause. I'm probably paranoid but I agree. =/

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have always bought an extra large dose of dog Frontline Plus and dosed it down for my cats. Saves a FORTUNE.
The fleas here are pretty immune to frontline now but Advantage is still working.