stitches sticking out from incision

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'd call your vet and ask what type of stitches they used. Since I don't see external stitching, I am going to guess they used dissolving stitches. Dissolving stitches can be pushed out by the body as they dissolve. In which case, this is normal and it will probably drop off in a day or two on its own. Just keep that area clean and if you see swelling call your vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sabellxx123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I brought her to the vet tonight to be safe I noticed the incision looked like it had swelling under it also she was acting really strange growling at me like she was in pain(she’s really friendly) very droopy and constantly sleeping which was weird since it’s nearly been a week so they checked her out and turns out her temp was high and she lost some weight so they suspect she has some sort of infection so glad I brought her thank you for the advice 😊

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad you followed your instincts and brought her in. That 'stitch' looked awfully strange to me, I was going to suggest you at least bring a picture in. An antibiotic should help her feel much better in a few days. That change in behavior was a BIG clue. Thanks for the update!

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm glad you took her in and that she is getting treated early. I find it helpful to take photos every few hours of wounds so I can make a slideshow of the progression. Really helps with doctors and vets to show them how the wound changed over time.