Stinky poop on Primal?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ever since Leroy has been eating Primal frozen turkey exclusively, his poop has been super stinky :barfgreen: And nearly black and long and skinny. The smell was so bad today that I could smell it as I got off the elevator which is down the hall, around the corner and down the hall a bit :eek3: It doesn't help that Leroy does not cover up his poop :doh: Leroy does have IBD and a known chicken sensitivity so that may be a contributing factor to the poop smell. His poop was stinky on NV rabbit with Primal for snacks but it was never as bad as this. Has anyone experienced stinky poop with Primal?

I have Primal beef and salmon which I can try and see if that makes any difference or not. The pet store doesn't carry any the rabbit or other novel proteins like pork and quail. I also have Vital Essentials rabbit which has no fruits and the other fillers Primal has.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our cats eat a big daily meal of Primal pork, among other things, but their boxes hardly ever smell at all. (And Ireland isn't good about covering, either.) I stopped feeding Primal turkey because it had carrot but it looks like they removed the carrot a few iterations ago.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Must be a combo of Leroy being an Aby with a sensitive tummy and the IBD then. He's on Vital Essentials rabbit now. He hasn't pooped yet but there may be some leftover Primal in that so I don't expect too much of a smell difference for another few days.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's most likely a food intolerance. Have you tried primal rabbit, venison or quail?