Still Trying To Cope

Lyrina25

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We had to put our dog, Baby Girl down a few weeks ago. She as blind and had diabetes. Her best friend, though, was my male black cat, Kitt. He still looks for her, and I swear his confused eyes are asking me where she is. His sisters don't seem t notice as much, but I occasionally see them looking out he backdoor, then going to where she normally sleeps, then finding m grandmother where she normally lays. I can tell they're confused and they miss her despite her baring at them and her chasing them when she could see.

How do I make this easier on them?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Just love them, and give them a lot of attention. They will be a bit lost for a couple of weeks, but then adjust. Your pain will take longer, my Dear Girl. Give them comfort, and allow them to comfort you. My heart is with yours.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Just love them, and give them a lot of attention. They will be a bit lost for a couple of weeks, but then adjust. Your pain will take longer, my Dear Girl. Give them comfort, and allow them to comfort you. My heart is with yours.
Exactly this.....love them up, try to carry on as close to normal as you can and you all will adjust to the "new" normal but it will be difficult and take time.

God Bless.....:alright:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It will take a couple of weeks before they accept that there are changes in their world. They need time to learn a new life's order, just like we do. They formed a bond with that sweet girl, just like you did, and time, lots of comfort and being around family is the only thing that will help.
My sincere condolences on the loss of Baby Girl, it hurts so much to have them leave us. You gave her a wonderful life and taht and your love is the only thing she ever wanted. Cling together and love each other while you can, and use your beautiful memories to bring comfort to your soul. Give Kitt a kiss from me, he is confused and lonely right now and needs you.
RIP sweet Baby Girl, you will never be forgotten and leave behind a family that misses you dearly. Sweet dreams, precious girl!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:alright: Condolences on losing your pup. I discuss the loss with the cats directly by calling the deceased by name at which the cats often look around expectedly and I comment that s/he is gone and I show signs of obvious mourning. The cats usually come to comfort me and they realize the death is what it is.

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You may bring the Cat to a friend's home where there is a (friendly) dog, to "reshape" her image about the world. Just my personal opinion.