Still Miss You

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
It has been 4 months yesterday that my darling Kirsten crossed over. She was 17. It still hurts so badly that it is difficult to talk or write about her.

Rest in peace, my princess.

tiptopper

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry about your darling Kirsten. I know how much it hurts to lose our buddies. Cherish the memories you have of her. RIP Kirsten

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your kind words. One thing she was so good at was drinking water out of the bathroom faucet, She had a long graceful

neck and it was easy for her to do it. My Vincie tries but cannot quite do it.

Mia

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are still so early in the grieving process, I can understand why it is so difficult for you. The loneliness, the loss of their presence in our homes is crushing. I wish I could tell you it will be OK, but really, all I can tell you is that you learn to live with your grief and begin a new life's order for yourself. What I cling to is the fact that our little ones would never want us to be so sad on their leaving, they love us so much they only want happiness and sunshine in our lives as we would want for them if we were the first to go. Celebrate having that little girl in your life, she shared your life's journey for a while, and like all journeys they must come to an end or at least a fork in the road. Hers is alongside yours now, a bond that is seventeen years long will never be gone, it is spiritual and so is eternal. We cannot change the past, but we can use it to remember how it was, to hold those precious memories that comfort us now and to be a good part of our lives for us to carry in our hearts to lean on until we find peace once more.

You will never forget Kirsten, she will be a part of you until the day you too reach the end of your journey, and she will be there to welcome you on your new path we all must take. You will never stop loving her, just as she will always hold your love near. In the meantime, honor that love and the legacy she left you by passing on her love and doing good things in her name.  She would never want to bring you pain, the tears that fall bring darkness to a heart that houses a part of her love. She needs for that heart to be full of light and happiness, she shares that heart as you share hers. Sweet little Kirsten is at peace now, you must believe that. She is beyond pain, beyond the suffering that can hold her soul to this earth, she is free and soaring through heavens, sending her love and comfort to you the one she loves above else.

My heart goes out to you, I know the pain of a broken heart,. i give you proof, through me, that the pain does get better as the years go by. It will never completely go away because we loved so deep, but it does become bearable,  and there does come a time when thinking of our little princess brings a smile to our lips and lightening to our hearts when we realize what a wonderful thing we experienced, and how precious it truly is. Take care of yourself.......    

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Di and Bob,

Thank you so much for your post. It helped. She was so special.

Mia

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry your dear friend had to leave on her next journey. RIP sweet girl, you will always be loved by your family and never forgotten 

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart cries for the pain you are feeling. The loss of your sweet Kirsten is still so new and raw. I wish I could tell you it will get easier in time. Hopefully it will. The pain will lessen and become more bearable as time passes. You will always have some emptiness in your heart that your sweet baby's loss has left. You will always miss her, but she remains tucked safely in your heart. I hope that one day you can think of your sweet Kirsten with more smiles than tears. She will always watch over you and wants you to smile.
RIP Sweet Precious Kirsten!
Please watch over your lived ones and comfort them, as they miss you so very much!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks to all of you for your comforting words. They mean a lot.

She was so special. I got her from my sister's vet who found her and her brother. They were very young, about 8 weeks old, and

had not been treated well. Cherie told the vet that I wanted another black cat, I had Lena and Nikki then. She gave me Kirs and

she kept her brother. The vet named her bro Doyle, her maiden name.

Thanks again. It helps to write about her, my sweet girl.

Mia

eleanorrigby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. It hurts so much to let one cross the bridge, especially after having them for so long. I know for certain you were such a loving part in her life, and she knew it. :) I hope the grieving process goes smoothly for you, and if you ever need anyone to talk to privately about grieving feel free to message me! I know the pain you're feeling all too well.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your kind words. Means a lot. I just heard "our song", Chasing Cars. We used to dance to it. It still made me cry but I also smiled.

Mia

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
It was six months ago yesterday that my baby girl Kirsten crossed. Heard our song, Chasing Cars, just now and for he first time since she crossed, I was able

to listen to it without crying. Shed a few tears and thought of us dancing.

Rest in peace my darling angel.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
No, that is my beautiful nephew Tom. He is a looker and knows it.:)

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was six months ago yesterday that my baby girl Kirsten crossed. Heard our song, Chasing Cars, just now and for he first time since she crossed, I was able

to listen to it without crying. Shed a few tears and thought of us dancing.

Rest in peace my darling angel.
Mia, I don't think the pain ever goes away. When I think of my Harry who died last July at 10 months I still feel so devastated.

meelasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Primula, my Meela was also 10 months. And you are right..the pain is horrible.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwwww......our darling babies. I know they are together at the bridge.

Mia

meelasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
God Bless all our babies. I felt like I was going to have a heart attack when it hit me that I made the wrong choice. Some days my chest feels my heart is just going to stop. Today I drove by the animal hospital and I just lost it.

I am sorry we all have to suffer like this..it's absolutely horrible!