Still getting ads from Best Buy..

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Still getting ads from Best Buy. It seems to be a 'frame' with 1/3 of the bottom of the page covered with an ad. I mentioned this in the other thread. I got it yesterday and tonight..
And I am logged in.

Along with the fact that I cannot sign/log off. Each time I try, it get the "OOPS! We ran into problems."

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I no longer get ads after changing browsers
Duck duck go is a browser. Install the app! Doesn't work,delete it. Tho it should. It's even my email. So less spam

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Tonight I was getting ads in Spanish but not from Best Buy. They kept showing up over a post I was trying to read. :frustrated:

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Tonight I was getting ads in Spanish but not from Best Buy. They kept showing up over a post I was trying to read. :frustrated:
I'm afraid we don't control which ads are showing up. The exact ads/campaigns are typically triggered by a user's browsing history. They can even be triggered by the browsing history of someone who shared the same IP and locality with you.

Can you lease get a screenshot showing how the ad overlays the post? I can send that to the ad network and ask them to fix that. Thank you, and I'm sorry about the inconvenience!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm afraid we don't control which ads are showing up. The exact ads/campaigns are typically triggered by a user's browsing history. They can even be triggered by the browsing history of someone who shared the same IP and locality with you.
Can you lease get a screenshot showing how the ad overlays the post? I can send that to the ad network and ask them to fix that. Thank you, and I'm sorry about the inconvenience!
They weren't in my browser history but I can definitely try to get a screenshot next time it happens. Unfortunately I got so annoyed I just shut down my computer - it was time for me to go to bed anyway, lol. :biggrin: Thanks for your reply.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
1670351606620.png

Here's a screen shot of one that I've been getting these past few days. I can't do anything regarding moving around the site/threads until I close the ad screen.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Ok, we have some news! These were rogue ads put into the system by a clueless advertiser. They should all be gone from our site now. There's a chance you may need to clear your cache if you're still getting them. If you do that and still get them, please let me know.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
View attachment 438239

Here's a screen shot of one that I've been getting these past few days. I can't do anything regarding moving around the site/threads until I close the ad screen.
That's it! Same ad I was getting in Spanish. I tried to read it but my Spanish translation is not what it used to be. :wink:
Thanks for the explanation Anne.