Stella & Chewys

flame1412

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 8 year old kitty can't tolerate Stella & Chewys anymore. He vomits 15 minutes after eating it. I tried different flavors but still comes back up. Not sure why? Has anyone else experienced this before?

catpack

TCS Veteran
Kitten
Purraise
I had issues with S&C as well. We had put one of our rescues on it due to severe food intolerances. He did great with the first 4 bags (3 chicken, 1 turkey.) But, the last order I got, I noticed a difference in the texture of the food. The turkey was extra soft and crumbly, the chicken was hard (almost stale feeling.)

He began vomiting everything thing up, as did another cat that would get it on occasion.

I called the company to report and all they could tell me was that they had not received any other complaints about the batch I had and that due to processing, there would be variances between batches and perhaps my cats were just "super sensitive."

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But, the last order I got, I noticed a difference in the texture of the food. The turkey was extra soft and crumbly, the chicken was hard (almost stale feeling.)
That's interesting... the most recent bag of Duck Duck Goose that I bought seems softer and crumblier, too. I don't feed too much Stella & Chewy's but the cats have eaten from the new bag a few times without any problems.