Stella&Chewy Selects, their raw rabbit too & Answers A+ are my 3 foods used w/ a tiny topper of Friskies cans?

movinintime

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Is this wasting $ or doing good as it is a total raw diet. There is Bones tho in Answers + tho... & not good for longterm kidney health--feral is SDMA test positive for future poss. kidney disease. :(

Stella's Selects, turk or chick, seem only semi-ok for both the outdoor feral & indoor girl as far as taste goes.

But I use it w/ a topper (tiny amount yes, i know junk food comin up here...) of Friskies cans of Chick n gravy or Ocean Whitefish, etc.

Is this better than nothing --or just at least, better than ALL lower grade raw or cans? LOL:)

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think what you're doing is better than the alternative! You bought the fish oil capsules right? Have you tried squeezing the fish oil capsules on top of their food? I wonder if that would entice them to eat their raw without friskies.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So the feral hasn't actually been diagnosed with kidney disease? That's how I'm reading your post, although I could be misinterpreting. If that's the case, then I think you're find with what you're feeding, but I would try using a different topper, like a pate vs the chunky style Friskies, or even using something like a 100% meat only treat and crumble it over their food. (I use Cat Man Doo Chicken treats for toppers).

If the one guy DOES have kidney disease, then using the Stella Selects primarily is your best bet, since it doesn't have bones.