Stella And Chewy's New Selects

darg

Gizmo
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know there has been some recent discussion about the new S&C Selects. Two of my local stores carry these new S&C Select frozen medallions. Had a problem with an off bag of Primal Turkey yesterday and I had to go back to the store and return it.
I ended up picking up a bag of the S&C Turkey Selects to try. These are expensive, about $11 for a 1lb bag.

My cat is still settling into a wet food diet but I mixed half a medallion with his canned yesterday for lunch and it appeared to be a hit. Same result this morning. He cleaned his plate both times. Pretty good for a finicky eater that only a month ago was a dry kibble only cat for all of his 12 years.

I'm going to try homemade and Alnutrin pretty soon but if that doesn't work out, at least I know I can feed him a mix of high quality canned (S&C and Rawz) with some commercial raw, both frozen and freeze dried, and he'll be on a pretty good diet. Not cheap but we are a one cat family so it's affordable enough.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The S&C Selects definitely aren't cheap but our cats love them, too. What's most interesting about these is that they're relatively low calorie but they seem to sate the cats for a long time. I've been feeding them 1.5 medallions per cat in the evening (rather than a slightly larger freeze-dried meal of mostly Primal) and now they're not asking for their bedtime snack like they used to.

The hardest part about these is finding them: not many stores in my area have them yet. (And the one that I know does is not the most convenient!)

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I gave the S&C Selects turkey to Lily and Iris this morning for the first time. Both girls had vomited their morning homemade meal—Lily because of a hairball the size of a small country and Iris because that’s what she does occasionally—and the results were what I expected. Lily gobbled it down, and Iris pushed it around the bowl with her tongue, ate a microscopic amount, and walked away. I even gave it to her again with the crumbled Duck Duck Goose freeze dried she likes. She ate the freeze dried off the top...and walked away. :disappointed:

I paid $11.95 for the one-pound bag. At least Oregon doesn’t have a state sales tax! They special-ordered it for me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

darg

Gizmo
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mine eats it mixed in with canned. This morning was the first time he ate a whole patty without the canned but I did have to sprinkle on a couple of crumbled up freeze dried morsels.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats can get so set in their ways that they don't really take to new food on the first go, so don't give up!

We had a couple of of those weird hairball-after-a-meal barfs recently, too, and they were disgusting. (I think our Edwina is like your Lily, Tobermorey: she'll eat everything including too much of her own fur!)