Stella and Chewy's and Primal in Canada!!!

franksmom

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so excited my mother went to pick up some cat food at the local pet store and they had samples of stella and chewy and primal and apparently they will be selling it! I am so excited as Frank had his very first taste of raw and loved the dried primal biscuit. Both the cats were swarming me like I was feeding them temptations. I am going to go to the store tomorrow and get some more! 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

franksmom

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sadly he vomited it all up a few hours later :( I am starting to think he will never be able to eat raw. It was beef and salmon so maybe he can't tolerate beef. I will try a poultry flavour maybe in the future because he sure did like it. Ava on the other hand did not vomit and also ate some of the dog's stella and chewy's and then later tried to eat a cherry she has an iron stomach lol

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It could definitely be beef that's the problem, so I would try a chicken variety if he likes it.

LOL kittens. I love how they eat anything and everything.

franksmom

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah I think I will try in the future I just want to keep him on the food that seems to agree with him for a while longer and eventually try again. I am also thinking about making some cooked cat food for him. 

franksmom

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well I am for sure going to have to go buy some of the primal for my kitten. She has not been too keen for the nature's variety canned of late and she goes crazy for the primal both dry and re-hydrated. I may get it for my 17 year old dog too she as she refuses to eat raw anymore and will only eat Fromm canned shredded chicken and I am going broke buying everyone canned food (currently spending over $300 a month on pet food!). It will be nice if i can get two out of three not eating so many cans a day. 

It is funny Ava seems to like either kibble or raw best. She likes the natures's variety raw pucks but needs toppers to eat them but she loves fresh raw meat so I am ordering some TC feline with liver and I can just give her fresh meat for some of her meals. I also may try to give Frank some cooked meals with it too. 

franksmom

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Some very good news! I bought some turkey primal and chicken and duck stella and chewy's. Yesterday I fed Ava using both brands and Frank was super interested in her food and stole some from her. I was a little nervous but I let him have a bit and he did not vomit at all yesterday. I figured I could try giving him some today and I fed him one block of the turkey primal rehydrated and he devoured it. So far no vomiting!

Last edited:

busterbrown

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
you should try stella and chewy's duck duck goose dinner morsels 

raw food for cats my cats just loved it