Steam Cleaners - Yay or Nay?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Lately I've been thinking about buying a small steam cleaner mostly for cleaning my tub/shower. I am having a hard time getting the corners of the grout clean as well as soap buildup on the walls.

Do you have one? What one? Would you recommend it?

Thanks!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have tried quite a few type electric or battery operated cleaners, including steam and most were for tiled bathroom floor and shower cleaning. Unfortunately, they just didn’t do much, with the steam cleaner doing the least. I also tried a six inch round rotating electric scrubber with different attachments which did help some but not in all the tight spots and corners which were the worst.

If your tub isn’t painted the best cleaner is Dow Scrubbing bubbles. You spray, let it sit and then rub with a scrubber and a toothbrush in corners. Toilet bowl cleaner is supposed to work wonders on tile grout. I only discovered this though after I gutted my bathroom and removed all my tile so I can’t say I have tried it.

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A friend on Facebook used this and got her grout so clean she said she cried, lol. She just posted it so it was fresh in my mind. She said she used a hard toothbrush.

20036550-E3D1-4224-B6C3-7A6BD3C79DA6.png

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Thank you! I finally made it to Target yesterday and picked up some of that toilet bowl cleaner to try.