Stay Or Feral?

kittycat1004j

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me with trying to figure out if this outside cat is a feral or stray. She was trapped, and the plan was to spay her, and release her back outside. When they went to spay, she was already spayed. They put her under so she had to come back to my house to recover from that. I’m having trouble determining if she’s feral or not. She hasn’t hissed once, and she doesn’t seem to be scared of humans. She’s not making the approach to come closer or anything, but she doesn’t seem to be nasty

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
She hasn’t hissed once, and she doesn’t seem to be scared of humans. She’s not making the approach to come closer or anything, but she doesn’t seem to be nasty
Yes, agree with msaimee msaimee , sounds more like a stray to me too.

Since she's already spayed and recovering in your home, best is to keep her in and start the socializing from here as since she's ok with hoomans, it'll take awhile for her to get used to the environment, surroundings, sights and sounds and that's why she has not approach anything or even come closer as she is doing her observations.

Spend more time with her and talk to her and do the slow eye blinks. Offer her food from your hands and once she warms up to you, it'll be easier from there on.

Please keep us updated and also do post a photo of her for us to see :camera:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittycat1004j

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, agree with msaimee msaimee , sounds more like a stray to me too.

Since she's already spayed and recovering in your home, best is to keep her in and start the socializing from here as since she's ok with hoomans, it'll take awhile for her to get used to the environment, surroundings, sights and sounds and that's why she has not approach anything or even come closer as she is doing her observations.

Spend more time with her and talk to her and do the slow eye blinks. Offer her food from your hands and once she warms up to you, it'll be easier from there on.

Please keep us updated and also do post a photo of her for us to see :camera:
I picked her up with a towel earlier, and she wasn’t nasty. She’s just scared in my opinion. I don’t have the time socialize her, but my local group/area is looking for someone to foster her. I’ll send a picture as soon as I can!