Static Fur

G

ghostuser

Hi Everyone and Happy New Year!!

Both my cats have a lot of static lately.

Does anyhone have any suggestions on how to get rid of the static? After brushing their coat I wet my hands and run my wet hands through their fur hoping that will calm down the static, but it's doesn't really seem to help.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You need to get a humidifier. Trust me, it is an air moisture issue you have. If you keep a humidifier going it really helps with their static & your chapped lips!:tounge2:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
G

ghostuser

oh great thanks for the advice

I would never have thought of it

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also for the interim you can use the fabric softner sheets for the dryer. The get rid of static - just run them across the fur.

bubbles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
But don't spray it directly on the cat!! Spray it on your hands, or your kitty brush, then run it over the cat.
Adymarie is right though, you have a moisture problem. A humidifier is a great thing to have. Your clothes will be less staticky also, and you will get fewer shocks.

vjoy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My Dani's skin is drying out. and it is only the beginning of winter!!

The Vet gave us a spray to moisturize and lock in moisture,, which she HATES. I tried giving her cod liver oil. She will have nothing to do with it. I tried giving her Mira-Coat, and she will have nothing to do with THAT.

AAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

But I love my baby...the little beastie :LOL: :LOL: coo coo coo