Starting kitten off with wet food

Flybynight

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ravynn Ravynn
Just seeing this thread, did you get your kitten yet?
i agree, go for two, especially as they will be young and having a playmate and friend for life will be awesome.
I agree with you about all wet food. No need for any dry. Kittens should be transitioned slowly to new food, so feed first what the rescue was feeding.
Then over time add new food.
I feed all wet but various textures and brands to avoid food boredom but with a young kitten I would begin with one food and then over weeks/months add more.
Feed a kitten as much as they want to eat.:tabbycat:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ravynn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ravynn Ravynn
Just seeing this thread, did you get your kitten yet?
i agree, go for two, especially as they will be young and having a playmate and friend for life will be awesome.
I agree with you about all wet food. No need for any dry. Kittens should be transitioned slowly to new food, so feed first what the rescue was feeding.
Then over time add new food.
I feed all wet but various textures and brands to avoid food boredom but with a young kitten I would begin with one food and then over weeks/months add more.
Feed a kitten as much as they want to eat.:tabbycat:
Yes, I ended up getting him August 28th. The others were already spoken for. He's been such a complete sweetheart, so much sweeter than I expected him to be! He already has a routine and loves our dog and is always trying to cuddle but our dog is still nervous of him because our previous cat did not want anything to do with our dog (Chance).

I've been offering dry food and wet food. He is primarily eating wet food mixed with some hot water right now and if he's super hungry he will eat his wet then go to the dry (but I don't intend on keeping him on the dry after he's a kitten). He's eating maybe 3oz a day now.

He's very very spoiled and definitely a mama's boy already! I can't remember if I mentioned but his name is Binx :)