Started Off Short Hair, Became Long Hair (especially the tail)

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone- not sure if anyone is still about on this thread but like another poster I was googling this topic and found the thread. Wonder if anyone wants to hazard a guess at how my Mango will turn out? Her mum was long haired, dad was short haired and as a tiny kitten was extra poofy, but seems to be more short haired now, apart from her tail and back of her hind legs. She doesn’t seem to have the ear or foot tufts you’d get with a long haired cat. View attachment 425371We obviously don’t mind either way, she’s a beautiful and cheeky tortie. I’m just personally not very good at not knowing things, and if she might end up with medium or long hair I’d like to get her more used to regular grooming so I have a hope of keeping my fingers! She’s 6 months old now. View attachment 425369View attachment 425370
I think she is going to be an extra fluffy shorthair, like my Merlin, he sheds more than my longhair Zena when combing. Zena has super long fur tufts in his paws. 😁 She is a cutie 😻

Picky_Piki

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Also reviving this thread! I am potentially adopting a little orange tabby and I had my heart set on a medium hair kitty. The kind where the tail is really fluffy and the body smooth or bot incredibly incredibly long like a Maine coon or Persian.
But this kitty has me stumped. His tail is very fluffy but his body is VERY short. Like absolutely no mane and no ear or toe tufts. Is this a medium hair cats gangly teenage phase? He’s 21 weeks old. Or do you think he will lose his fluffy tail?

Attachments

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also reviving this thread! I am potentially adopting a little orange tabby and I had my heart set on a medium hair kitty. The kind where the tail is really fluffy and the body smooth or bot incredibly incredibly long like a Maine coon or Persian.
But this kitty has me stumped. His tail is very fluffy but his body is VERY short. Like absolutely no mane and no ear or toe tufts. Is this a medium hair cats gangly teenage phase? He’s 21 weeks old. Or do you think he will lose his fluffy tail?
It is hard to say, his tail is def lh, what a cutie😻

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I forgot to say that I don’t think he will lose the fluffy tail. His body hair does not look super short to me, it can get longer as they grow, that happens in lh cats but there is no way to know for sure.