Staring at light bulbs????

kittycorner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So I may have the wierdest question yet, does anyone else's kitties stare at light bulbs? My husband and I recently noticed that whenever one of our table lamps is on, Melody will come up, stick her head under the lamp shade and literally stare at the light bulb (only a matter of a hair's worth away)! WEIRD! I am not sure if she enjoys the heat that the bulb gives off or she is trying to slowly go blind. I know she enjoys it because she purrs constantly while sunbathing in the glow from the light. Anyone ever heard of this?

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
lol NO....
one question tho-are you using normal bulbs or one of those" natural light" that is designed to act more like the sun. my cat used to sit on top of lampshade(hed balance just right and the shades were from the 80's so built TOUGH) but only cause he knew a moth in house would go there. RJ

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittycorner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
nope we just use regular ol light bulbs-I guess she is just weird! But that seems to be the way all our kitties are!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Abby does that sometimes in the bedroom. Once I looked to see what was so fascinating and I saw a small bug, but the other times I didn't see anything. Maybe they can somehow filter out the light and see the filliment inside it moving?

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
"I know she enjoys it because she purrs constantly while sunbathing in the glow from the light."
Hey shes happy but now kittycorner have you thought of seeking additional treatment for this problem(aka pschotherapy......) LOL
Thinking maybe shes picking up some cat radio station... RJ who is just a bit(HA) tired

tdc

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat appx 3 years old just started doing this.