Starfish Analogy

rosegold

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I saw this the other day and thought it was a lovely analogy for animal rescue, especially when caring for strays and ferals in what I’m sure can often feel like an uphill battle. I don’t comment here much these days but I do read posts in this section often, and I will be forever grateful for the experts on here who helped me when I was taming Chai. I really applaud everyone who works so hard to care for the outside kitties, one by one. You make a difference to each of them! :redheartpump:

054186DA-4E49-4B51-913E-CB347B4E4D9F.jpeg

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a lovely story. Thank you so much for sharing. I have 5 former feral cats living inside my house and another that was rescued from the Humane Society. I have done TNR on many cats and helped so many strays that frequented my yard. Some of them I was unable to save, but making a difference for even just one cat is enough.

kittychick

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks SO much for passing along something this along. Especially at this moment....I needed that!

shadowsrescue shadowsrescue - I actually think you might have been the one who said something very similar to me when I was going crazy with worry years ago while I was socializing a litter of kittens from one of our TNRs, and I had to turn down socializing another litter. It really made such a difference at that moment for me.

And rosegold rosegold - I hope it helps someone else reading it now as it did me!