stardust is not feeling her best

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
lately she has been having coughing fits and im wondering if she has asthma ? any suggestions ?

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would say she needs a diagnosis before we can really give any other suggestions. Has she been to the Vet yet? Coughing can be a sign of allergies, asthma, heart issues, etc. Does she only cough at certain times (ie while in the litter box or just leaving it), or is there no rhyme or reason for when it happens? If the latter, I would definitely ask the Vet about it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
the litter is dust free kind . she coughs ever once in awhile but otherwise acts normal . she is eating , drinking and acts like a kitten still. im planning on trying to get her to be checked out as soon as possible

Robyn5678

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have 2 cats with asthma. I’d take her to the vet and they can tell by a chest X-ray. When my cats have asthma attacks they crouch low to the floor, stretch their neck out, stick their tongue out and sound like they are trying to hack up a hairball. Once that’s done, they go back to whatever they were doing, whether it was running around or sleeping haha

Robyn5678

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Robyn5678 Robyn5678 yes that is exactly what stardust does ... but yes i am planning on taking her to the vet for sure
Change of seasons really seem to bother mine. One was on daily meds and the other just got a predispose shot a few times a year. Hopefully yours won’t have attacks to often.