Starbucks Holiday Blend 2019

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know how many people get any of the Starbucks ground coffee. I normally don't but I do look forward to the Holiday blend every year. It is a little different every year but I have in the past always liked it. Not this year. I had my first cup this morning and I didn't care for it. I will finish it but only because I don't like to waste money. This coffee is a much darker then the medium roast that it is supposed to be. It has the bitter aftertaste that is common with a poor dark roast and none of the subtle sweetness without being cloying that the Holiday blend usually has.

I just wanted to warn anyone that is like me about the Holiday blend, it is completely different from what is usually sold as the Holiday blend.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Many thanks for the tip/heads up about this one, I'd been thinking of getting it for a friend, but maybe not!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry. I've had more than my fair share of disappointing coffee lately so I feel for you. I am so sick of buying flavored coffees and have it taste nothing like they claim it does. If anyone knows of a good caramel flavored coffee that actually tastes like caramel, let me know. Here are the ones I've tried:

Starbucks- Awful. Very strong artificial/chemical taste
Folger's - better than SB but not much - no chemical taste like SB
Barnies- Also better than SB but not much but no chemical taste
Door County Coffee- no flavor at all aside from mediocre coffee
Coffee Bean Direct - Good coffee taste but that's it

:sigh:

I do not use sweetener of any kind in my coffee so adding caramel flavored syrup is not an option.

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I just don’t care for dark roast coffee and even Starbuck’s mild breakfast roast has a dark undertastes. I do like their lattes and macchiatos but it could be all the sugars and flavorings hide the real coffee taste.