Star Baby went for a walk about!

oldtinsmith

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I got up at 7:00 A.M. Tuesday to feed our three ferals and our little "Star Baby" was AWOL! She has done this two times before, but only for one day each. This time, she she was gone for two days. I looked he over and was none the worse for wear, but was wanted breakfast. All is well that ends well!!! Doug

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oldtinsmith

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We are doing well, thanks for asking! ...When she wasn't home the second day, all I could think about was June of 2019 when Sunny Boy when M.I.A., and is still gone! Doug

oldtinsmith

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well,,,Star Baby went AWOL again on Aug. 4th, and has not been home ( Aug. 8th ) since? We're calling her often! Doug

oldtinsmith

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well,,, still nothing from Star Baby (Aug. 14th) ! We are still calling her and watching for her every day! Doug

oldtinsmith

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update!!! After being missing for 13 weeks, our little Star Baby showed up at our window tonight. She ate quite well, checked out the sleeping nests, ate some more food (dry this time) and checked out the inside of their "cat house". She is looking sleepy. She didn't look or feel skinny, had no wounds, didn't have any sore spots when I would pet her and her eyes looked really good. Cheri and I believe she was taken indoors by another family and maybe just got out (or just scooted out of an open door). Just knowing she is healthy and came back to see us is comforting! If she stays all the better!

Doug

oldtinsmith

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The cat house I built for the ferals is empty now. ... After Star Baby returned from her AWOL, Cheri and I decided to make our ferals permanent members of our indoor family. We went through seemed like years taking all six cats to our Vet to have each and every kitty a checkup ( all are in great shape! ) before they met each other face to face! The only kitty that is finding the family growing in size difficult is Miss Miesha. She is SLOWLY getting better over the last week! .... Just thought you all might like hearing the latest news!

Doug

CL56

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The cat house I built for the ferals is empty now. ... After Star Baby returned from her AWOL, Cheri and I decided to make our ferals permanent members of our indoor family. We went through seemed like years taking all six cats to our Vet to have each and every kitty a checkup ( all are in great shape! ) before they met each other face to face! The only kitty that is finding the family growing in size difficult is Miss Miesha. She is SLOWLY getting better over the last week! .... Just thought you all might like hearing the latest news!

Doug

What a wonderful loving thing you did !

oldtinsmith

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yesterday, we took our last two kitties to the vet for their booster shots and to get their Micro-Chips. All of the kitties are healthy and up to date on their shots, exams and Micro-Chips. Next Tuesday, we take our eldest cat (17 years old) to the Vet to take care of a bad tooth and a teeth cleaning. Then, ALL of our kitties will be done going to the Vet. When Cheri and I decided to bring the ferals into the house, we also decided that the Vet cost would be Christmas gifts to each other!!! Things are progressing better than we thought they would it!
Doug

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is just the best news! I am so happy for you and all the feral kitties! I have all of mine in the house now too. It is such a peaceful feeling especially with it now being winter. Keep us posted on all of the progress. I hope the kitty with the bad tooth will be just fine.

oldtinsmith

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hopefully, this post will be the last one in " Star Baby Went for a walk about" ! ...Cheri and I wanted to bring a our three ferals into our home, so we made plans to take all six of the kitties to the Vets office for a health checkup, any needed up to date shots, and needed Micro Chip shots (not all six at once,,,, two kitties at a time) ! The visits started the third week in October ( with our "peanut" getting her Micro Chip ) and then the indoor kitties ( first ) and outdoor kitties ( second ). The Vet Office visits varied until the end of November, without any issues. During her health visit, we were told that "Jazzy" ( our 13 year old kitty ) needed some teeth removed, and the earliest we could get her in was December 21st ( a Tuesday ). She had her surgery and we brought her home with the medication they gave her and medication the we would be giving her. When she awoke from Anesthia(s), we fed her some soft cat food (witch she ate). When she awoke Wednesday morning we gave her soft cat food once again and she ate about 1/2 of it. After her Wednesday morning meal, she would eat nothing !!! Because of the Christmas Holiday we had to take her to a Animal Emergency Clinic! They checked her dental surgery, and gave us three types of medication ( one being an Opioid which we had to sign for!). They told us to take her to our Vet ASAP on Monday. ...We called the Vet Office and got an appointment Monday afternoon ( we were told the Vet Office was sold to a new Veterinarian ,,, great, right??? ). After her surgery, the original Vet gave her a 24 hour pain medication, and a 72 hour slow release medication. The new Vet told us that the 72 hour pain medication would SOMETIME cause an older cat to not want to eat. The new Vet also cut Jazzy's meds down to two (to be used as needed). Jazzy is now eating, playing and talking allot.,,,,,Doug

oldtinsmith

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hopefully, this post will be the last one in " Star Baby Went for a walk about" ! ...Cheri and I wanted to bring a our three ferals into our home, so we made plans to take all six of the kitties to the Vets office for a health checkup, any needed up to date shots, and needed Micro Chip shots (not all six at once,,,, two kitties at a time) ! The visits started the third week in October ( with our "peanut" getting her Micro Chip ) and then the indoor kitties ( first ) and outdoor kitties ( second ). The Vet Office visits varied until the end of November, without any issues. During her health visit, we were told that "Jazzy" ( our 13 year old kitty ) needed some teeth removed, and the earliest we could get her in was December 21st ( a Tuesday ). She had her surgery and we brought her home with the medication they gave her and medication the we would be giving her. When she awoke from Anesthia(s), we fed her some soft cat food (witch she ate). When she awoke Wednesday morning we gave her soft cat food once again and she ate about 1/2 of it. After her Wednesday morning meal, she would eat nothing !!! Because of the Christmas Holiday we had to take her to a Animal Emergency Clinic! They checked her dental surgery, and gave us three types of medication ( one being an Opioid which we had to sign for!). They told us to take her to our Vet ASAP on Monday. ...We called the Vet Office and got an appointment Monday afternoon ( we were told the Vet Office was sold to a new Veterinarian ,,, great, right??? ). After her surgery, the original Vet gave her a 24 hour pain medication, and a 72 hour slow release medication. The new Vet told us that the 72 hour pain medication would SOMETIME cause an older cat to not want to eat. The new Vet also cut Jazzy's meds down to two (to be used as needed). Jazzy is now eating, playing and talking allot.,,,,,Doug
P.S. ,,,, Don't ask me about costs because $1500.00 plus might freak you out!!!

oldtinsmith

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ouch - timing stinks, but I bet Jazzy feels a lot better now !
There was a number of extenuating circumstances I could have installed in most of each item I talked about! It would have been WAY to much talking for that post!!!!

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
:heartshape: :catlove::purr:It was so great that the two of you gave such wonderful Christmas gifts to each other and your kittys! If you end this thread I hope you will start another so we may follow the exploits of you and your Clowder. How is Jazzy doing?

oldtinsmith

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
:heartshape: :catlove::purr:It was so great that the two of you gave such wonderful Christmas gifts to each other and your kittys! If you end this thread I hope you will start another so we may follow the exploits of you and your Clowder. How is Jazzy doing?
Thank you for asking about our Miss Jazzy! She is eating quite well, playing and needing lots of petting. Her eyes have that "bright" look about them again and she is talking A LOT! Now, we just have to fatten her up a bit. ... It was worth every penny to give all our kitties a new and healthy life style (let the good times roll)! ..... On a side note, we have put a heated water dish outside so critters can get a good drink of water in the snow and cold days of winter.

Doug and Cheri

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless you, for opening your heart and your house to so many cats! I have 6 outside cats, besides my three inside, that I worry about outside too. They have heated huts in the garage but I often see them sitting by our patio door at 4 AM when I get up in single-digit temps. I don't know how they do it. I have a heated dish water bowl outside, hard food out all day (which I pick up at night), and feed them canned food twice a day. Two babies to spay in a couple of months, They are 5 months now but the vet won't spay until they are at least 6. All three 9-month-olds are done and mama who started this all! Best of health to Miss Jazzy, and all the best in your adventures!