St-John's / Newfoundland Blizzard

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure if we have any members on this site from Newfoundland, but I've been following the blizzard from here in Ontario and I hope you are all staying safe. Please take precautions as you try to dig yourselves out of this mess.
Let's hope power is restored quickly and all of you are staying warm.
:hangin:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know that they are in a state of emergency, but I can't help but laugh at some of these!

I'm proud to call myself a Canadian, in all of this, such a scary thing to endure, including a woman in labor, who was brought to the hospital on a skidoo, or the avalanche that broke thru windows and came into the living room of a home, causing the area to have to be evacuated...
The helpfulness that everyone has shown towards each other and the humor in dealing with blizzard has been truly inspiring.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
As another Canadian, it's easy to laugh at the tweets people are posting, but I also know along with the "fun" there are people who are dealing with distress or just normal daily struggles, so a storm like this must be terrifying for them. It's true, also, that events like this do bring out kindness and generosity, and I hope everyone who needs help receives it.

Anyone from Newfoundland reading this, do know while laughing at the insanity of the amount of snow you've received, I also hope everyone gets dug out soon, and that things are back to somewhat normal quickly. :hugs:

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The pictures make it look deeper than that, but it could be blowing and drifting snow. Or maybe previous snowfall.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How much (deep) snow did they get?
Depending on area, it was between 76 and 94 cm (30 to 37 inches). But snow drifts were reaching the second stories of some homes.