Squinted Eye Problem

ma1998

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Since yesterday my cat is squinting one eye. He was just cleaning himself and I think he accidentally poked himself in the eye during it. Today he still has the squinted eye problem, but he is also still acting normal (he would still play, eat, etc.). I have a few photos of what it looks like. I'm just wondering what this might be: a little irritation that will go away after a few days? Or is it something more? If it continues I'll go to the vet but I want to know any input. Thank you!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
It appears that it's becoming less sore since he seems to be able to open that eye to a certain degree. I think he'll be ok.
What a gorgeous cat!!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One of my cats had something similar not long ago. He had a squinty oozy eye. I took him to the vet where it was determined there was a superficial corneal scratch. My cat was prescribed an eye ointment and antibiotics and had to wear a cone to keep paws away from the eye. I recommend taking your cat to the vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ma1998

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Are those pictures chronological? The last one does not look as bad.
Yes, they were all taken at the same time. In the last one he got alert, so that's why his eyes got wide. But sometimes his eyes would widen like that throughout the day, and other times it'd be squinted. It's strange, but I hope it just means it's healing up