Spring has sprung...

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Finally, a lovely day, and sufficient time to play among the plants and snap a few pics.

The Forsythia has burst forth...

A single branch against blueblue sky...

And the Quince!

Nice to see the Hydrangea sporting lots of new green...

And fat and sassy herbs, tarragon...

...and chives...

The rest of the herbs are looking good, too, but not as photogenic in their particular positions, so these guys get the spotlight.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow that's early Fran! It has been very mild on the west coast this year hasn't it? Same here actually, but it will still be a month before we get any real spring things bursting forth.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, it is early -- a couple of weeks, I'd say, for the forsythia and the quince. The cherry trees are going crazy, too, but I'd have had to put on shoes to go capture them, and I was too lazy.
It's even earlier for the herbs -- they've been doing their thing for several weeks now -- it was a couple of weeks ago that I stole the first fresh tarragon for cooking.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Really beautiful!
Today was the first day here that you could really feel spring in the air and I loved every minute of it.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Beautiful pictures. We are still waiting here where I live. We have had a cold wet winter and it is hanging on.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
What beautiful pictures! These are gorgeous!

We did some shopping today after dinner with my parents and siblings and their families. We topped out around 53 degrees F this afternoon.

Life is good!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh aren't they lovely!!. The weathers improving here as well, so hopefully we'll see buds on the trees soon. I know the birds are in the garden more

It's been a very long winter this year

alicatjoy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooh, I love these pics! We're finally hitting temps above freezing, but we're nowhere near seeing green yet. And, certainly nothing flowering! Thank you for sharing some of your spring with me down here in the dreary midwest.

I love the pictures of the quince. I love the color pink, but the quince is just stunning. The forsythia certainly is beautiful as well -- especially the pic you took of the single strand against the bright, blue backdrop of the sky. Breathtaking!

I can't wait for our trees to start budding. I miss the green and the bright colors of sping, summer, and autumn. But, I hear we're coming around the bend here and they're predicting light at the end of the tunnel now that we're in March. But, please, keep sharing...I can always use a little pick-me-up and your pictures have certainly helped brighten my day today!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So it's called forsythia! Thank you for the name of the mystery bush! We've called it "banana flowers" for 8 years since the petals look like little bananas. Even my gardening friend didn't know its name. We've got two of them in our lawn and they are in full bloom, too! Also, lots of daffodils for over a week now.

You are in B.C., too, right? Pics are beautiful and also look very familiar.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We are finally starting to warm up here, but everything is still very brown. It's so nice to see pictures of spring - thanks for sharing them!!

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Oh aren't they lovely!!. The weathers improving here as well, so hopefully we'll see buds on the trees soon. I know the birds are in the garden more

It's been a very long winter this year

It's really lovely today, my bunnies are hopping round the garden happily, they are pleased as they don't get to come out much in winter, only in the house which isn't the same as there's no grass to munch

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

So it's called forsythia! Thank you for the name of the mystery bush! We've called it "banana flowers" for 8 years since the petals look like little bananas. Even my gardening friend didn't know its name. We've got two of them in our lawn and they are in full bloom, too! Also, lots of daffodils for over a week now.

You are in B.C., too, right? Pics are beautiful and also look very familiar.
Yep. Vancouver. Lots and lots of things in bloom. I love Spring.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very pretty, I don't have any luck with growing flowers so I appreciate seeing so much beauty.

Today will be in the mid 50's so bf and I are going to the Jersey Shore. For people who don't know NJ, Jersey Shore is not just a TV show
it actually exists and I've been going there all my life.

We will walk on the boardwalk and look out at the beach, of course no one will be swimming at this time of year. All the rides and attractions won't open until Memorial Day but one of my favorite seafood restaurants is open so we will go there for dinner. I'm looking forward to it.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Everything's still "dead" here
I have the typical march stuff coming up but snow mid week may cause a issue

penstemon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lovey pictures, nice to see spring is arriving. the last 2 days have been beautiful spring days. House sparrows starting to nest and trees are starting to bud out. Forecast is for rain & snow tomorrow.