Spraying

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
SO I had this bad smell in the bathroom Couldnt pinpoint where it was but it was on a towel I think sandwich is marking her territory or she's freaked out about something. What can I do to calm or help her I think she might be going into heat if they spray right ? She's gotta be like 9 months or older I'm trying to rush on getting them fixed

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, female cats can spray while in heat. I don’t know if there’s anything you can do to stop it. You could try Feliway, but that’s more to calm anxious cats, and I don’t know if it will work for hormonal spraying. If you would like to, you could get her spayed now. It is possible to spay a cat in heat, although some vets might prefer to wait until she’s out of heat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, female cats can spray while in heat. I don’t know if there’s anything you can do to stop it. You could try Feliway, but that’s more to calm anxious cats, and I don’t know if it will work for hormonal spraying. If you would like to, you could get her spayed now. It is possible to spay a cat in heat, although some vets might prefer to wait until she’s out of heat.[/QU3OTE]

We're getting her spayed I'm waiting for a appointment their taking forever

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Is she showing other signs of going into heat, like yowling and being overly affectionate, to the point of being obnoxious? I have had females spayed who were in heat.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have a male and female or 2 females? If male/female, separate them now or there will be a bunch of kitty jrs running around soon!

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, it's very common for unspayed females to pee on soft things like towels or bedding. The sooner you get her spayed, the less likely it is to become a habit.