Sprayed 1,5 year old cat gone missing...

TheTourist

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello people, my name is Alex.
About 4 months ago I adopted a kitten from Cyprus where I was doing my service, he was kind-friendly and easly injured thus I wanted to take care of him. Since I finished my service and came back to Greece we had him all covered up (vaccines,chip, etc). Here, where I live, we have a touristic shop and during summer stays open all day - and like my previous cats we had him free to roam basicly but to our surprise 90% of his time is inside the store with us - apart from that time during the night where he might do a walk aroung the place.

Long story short, 2 days ago my Dad called me to notify me that he hasnt appear yet and he must have gone missing at about half past midnight on Tuesday. I went by the shop, made a walk around the place (after midnight most people go home) but I couldnt find him... we waited until over 2:00 and decided to go home with the hope that he will appear tomorrow.

Unfortunately, we were wrong. Since yestrday I have ask plenty of people showing them a video of him, many claim that they saw him, however there is a high chance a similar cat like mine wanders the place and they might be wrong - right now as I type this thread we are above the 48 hour gap.

Look, this place is like a huge square, there is a sea on front and around is full of plains and stuff. There have been discussed mostly three scenarios.

1. He might have been killed of - This seems unlikely to me since I have scooped this place and Havent seen any sigh of blood or body plus noone heard or saw anything as far as I know. My guess is that if any dogs attacked him or a car hit him I would find out about it from his fallen body - I dont think they would simply pick him up and throw him away without any notice (remember that he has a chip, a collar and even my phone number on his collar)

2. Went far away for an adventure like bilbo? - I dont now if this is something a sprayed cat would do out of the blue - like a said he used to spend most of his time in the store and then we would pick him home - these past few days because of the extreme heat he would sleep all day and go around during the late night but sonner or later he would come back. Some people said that he might have fight with other stray cats and he might have hidden somewhere... I dont know if this a likely scenario - it has occured in the past to return with small cuts and signs of blood but he returned nonetheless...

3. Somebody picked him up. - This is the case that my circle mostly flirts with since he is generally gentle and peaceful and he gets a lot of attention. Now my philantropistic/altruistic character that believes in humanity makes me feel like this is an unlikely scenario since most tourist know him from the store and he even has a collar with a phone number or him, like what the hekt... However there are people with whom I have talk that they claim people do that and some said it occured on their pets also...

Sooo.... I am basicly at a loss - I have done a lot of searching and questioning myself but I am getting frustrated with whether or not I should simply let it go...
This is my third cat I owned. I lost one after propably fleeing on her own, a female sprayed and one died while I was in Cyprus from urine blockage or something...the latter one was devastating for me and my family, I owned him for 3 years. Now with my latest one - whom we call Cyprus - I admit I dont have the same emotional attachment but still I am willing to go the extra mile cause I see him as my child and my responsibility - however I accept and respect the fact that well, cats tend to be independent and they might leave and i guess come back whenever they want, if ever. I admire this attitude on cats and thats why I decided to have them loose and not locked up always on home. Basicly If he came up and told me or send me a message " Yo alex, I want to get the fk off this place, peace" I would be like "Ok man, I wish you strength and a healthy journey" but as of now I dont know which path to believe or choose.

Anyway, cause I dont want to bust your guys balls, tomorrow my ultimate and propably last card is some new posters that I created to stick them up. To be honest I kinda feel empty inside - especially thinking about the whole corona thing and the vaccines that are forced on my people and many having side effects or even dying otherwise they supposingly lose their jobs and stuff... we live some grim times right now. So I am thinking kinda like " the wolrd is turning upside down - who gives a shit about ur cat", but I guess if any of view has a decen advice or word of encouragement I will gladly take it. Still I want to say that I type this post mostly for my sake and to share my feelings and thoughts, I dont have much hope for the case...

Thats it guys, thanks for reading if idd and I hope for you all courage, love and freedom!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site. We get posts from numerous people who have cats who have gone missing. In many cases, it takes a while for the cat to return. Right now, there are a couple members who have cats who appear to be enjoying themselves in the wild and one who just managed to retrap her cat.

At least put up posters and ask around the area for anyone who has seen anything. To be honest, all of your possible scenarios could have happened, including a friendly cat being "adopted" by someone who thinks that they would be a better owner.

Help! My Cat Is Lost! – TheCatSite Articles

We usually advice that you put up posters, use whatever social media you have available, continue to look at various times of the day, bring a flashlight at night in case it might catch the reflection of a cat's eyes, offer a reward for finding the cat. Personally, I would not offer a reward for sightings as people will show up who will just mess with you. I don't know if setting a cat trap would work for you or not, baiting it with something appealing. A lot of that depends on what your immediate area is like.

We live in some hard times, I agree with that and hope that things may improve for you in Greece.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
And don't give up hope to soon. He may be having a bit of an adventure, and thoroughly enjoying himself. We've seen cats who were gone for MONTHS show up safe and sound.