Spots Of Blood After Neutering?in

Haneliz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone! I’m new to this site, I check it so much I decided to make an account!

I took my 1 year old cat in to get neutered today, and he’s reacted to anesthesia in a way that I’ve never seen. He’s going crazy, tossing and rolling in his crate, we let him out because we were concerned about him hurting himself. He ran around his small room and kicked off his collar every time we’ve put it on, and we’ve decided to just let him rest and chill out in case he hurts himself by absolutely freaking out again. Now he’s sat a few times and left a small, faint mark of blood on where he was sitting. All marks are smaller than a dime. Should I worry too much? They used surgical glue on him, if that helps at all. Thank you!

Lauren4883

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
In my experience there’s usually a bit of blood so I wouldn’t worry too much unless you see it keep actively bleeding. Hopefully tomorrow he will have recovered from the anaesthetic and be back to normal. Maybe try keeping him in the bathroom overnight with a warm blanket. He could likely vomit if he eats tonight but generally speaking he should be ok tomorrow. I never use collars so maybe that’s why he was going a bit crazy as well. Hope he feels better soon. It’s not usually a major operation for the boys.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Haneliz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
In my experience there’s usually a bit of blood so I wouldn’t worry too much unless you see it keep actively bleeding. Hopefully tomorrow he will have recovered from the anaesthetic and be back to normal. Maybe try keeping him in the bathroom overnight with a warm blanket. He could likely vomit if he eats tonight but generally speaking he should be ok tomorrow. I never use collars so maybe that’s why he was going a bit crazy as well. Hope he feels better soon. It’s not usually a major operation for the boys.
Thank you! He seems to have calmed down this morning

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad he's calmed down. How do his "stitches" look? Is he scratching that area at all?

Haneliz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm glad he's calmed down. How do his "stitches" look? Is he scratching that area at all?
They’re looking much better than before! No scratching at all. I think he’s a little bit constipated, but his sister was too after anesthesia.

Haneliz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just an update if anyone was curious, he’s doing great! He has plenty of energy, he’s eating and drinking normally, his litter box habits are all normal now and his little incision looks nice and clean, no pus or blood at all. The only problem we’re having is that his medicine makes him foam at the mouth, but we think it’s because of the taste. He responds wells to it otherwise. Thank you for the reassurance!

Lauren4883

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear he’s doing well yea I have cats that foam at the mouth with meds u just have to try get it down as far back in their throat so they swallow it without playing round with it in their mouth that’s when the foaming starts lol. Why is he on meds though? He shouldn’t need anything?

Haneliz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Glad to hear he’s doing well yea I have cats that foam at the mouth with meds u just have to try get it down as far back in their throat so they swallow it without playing round with it in their mouth that’s when the foaming starts lol. Why is he on meds though? He shouldn’t need anything?
The vet gave him some pain meds. He hates them, but he’s done with them now.