Spooky could use a few vibes....

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah. No, when she said exploratory surgery, she meant not an endoscopy:

1) The main area of thickening is beyond endoscopic reach
2) Endoscopic biopsies only biopsy the middle layer of the intestines. It often does not provide a definitive diagnosis.
3) With the surgery, they can remove small wedges, getting all of the layers. A definitive diagnosis is likely.

As she's otherwise healthy, no reason not to pursue it. She's scheduled for Wednesday, Aug 6.
I can already picture myself pacing the office on Wednesday wondering how things are going! Sending lots of vibes that surgery goes well and that it'll provide some answers... 

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can already picture myself pacing the office on Wednesday wondering how things are going! Sending lots of vibes that surgery goes well and that it'll provide some answers...  :vibes:
Add ME into the pacing for that day too. My thoughts, good wishes and prayers are with Spooky for that day, AND her loving parents. :heart3: Will be a tough day but sometimes we have to go through those kinds of days to get the answers and diagnosis. Not easy..... :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: Spooky and LOADS AND LOADS of hugs and stay strong vibes to mom and dad the next few days. :hugs: :hugs: :Shooting Star: :hugs: :hugs: :Moon: :hugs: :hugs: :sun:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

I'm sure I'll be nervous Wednesday, but the worry is really until we get biopsy results....

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Waiting on biopsy results can feel like the longest wait EVER.  I hope you don't have to wait long.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
FOR TODAY...... :vibes: :hugs: :vibes: :heart3: :vibes: :rub: :vibes::vibes: :hugs: :vibes: :heart3: :vibes: :rub: :vibes::vibes: :hugs: :vibes: :heart3: :vibes: :rub: :vibes::vibes: :hugs: :vibes: :heart3: :vibes: :rub: :vibes::vibes: :hugs: :vibes: :heart3: :vibes: :rub: :vibes::vibes: :hugs: :vibes: :heart3: :vibes: :rub: :vibes::vibes: :hugs: :vibes: :heart3: :vibes: :rub: :vibes: :sun: :cross:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks. :heart2: They'll call when she's done with the surgery. We'll have some idea then when we can pick her up.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:hugs: We got the call she was out of surgery, and did "great." :) BUT.... the vet wants to keep her overnight. Apparently this is normal - they want to make sure that even though everything seemed to go fine that she's not bleeding or having a leaking gut.

They said she'll be ready to come home (most likely! :cross: ) after their rounds in the morning - so around 9:30. Of course, Gary has a doc appt tomorrow morning. :( I would have adjusted the timing of the surgery had I known.... :sigh:

Anyway, I have to run baby food over there. I don't want them trying to feed her a/d or something.

The biopsy results won't be back for 7 - 10 days! BLERGH.

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Finally I can stop pacing! 
  Glad to hear it went well. The overnight stay is understandable. I'm sure she'll be okay hanging out at the vet a little longer if you can't get her until later.

Do you have a post-surgery plan when she's back home?

pharber-murphy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How is Spooky? Was the surgery performed today? What did the vet say? Mr. Grimsby, Bertha and I send our very best wishes for good news (fingers and paws crossed!)

Best regards,

PHarber-Murphy

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
goholistic goholistic , a post-op care plan? No - other than dote and watch her like a hawk. I plan to give her some Yunnan baiyao to help with any blood loss, and slippery elm to soothe her insides. Other than that, should I be doing something?

And Peaches08, exactly! We've been through enough surgeries and dentals that doesn't freak me much. The waiting for results is the killer!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How is Spooky? Was the surgery performed today? What did the vet say? Mr. Grimsby, Bertha and I send our very best wishes for good news (fingers and paws crossed!)

Best regards,

PHarber-Murphy
It was a surgical biopsy, so they took little snips of a number of places along her intestines, and from her organs. That went fine. Now we wait 7 to 10 days for the biopsy results.

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
goholistic goholistic , a post-op care plan? No - other than dote and watch her like a hawk. I plan to give her some Yunnan baiyao to help with any blood loss, and slippery elm to soothe her insides. Other than that, should I be doing something?
Oh, I don't know. What you have there sounds like a good plan to me! I do not have first hand experience with this type of surgery, hence my particular nervousness and wondering, in general, if post-op care is needed. I should have asked more generally.

I know Jackson Galaxy makes a Spirit Essence called "Intensive Care" to aid in post-op recovery.