Splurging

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That sounds fun! You need to have fun and relax sometimes. My Gram always used to say “All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy.” And I never doubt what Gram said! ;)

I splurged yesterday by buying myself a personal size frozen pizza and a single serving of chocolate pie.:paperbag: So not expensive; just not healthy. Especially for someone in the middle of losing weight.

I thought i might get myself some pjs or a new comfy robe today because I was shopping with some rewards. I ended up buying a ton of stuff for my kids and nothing for myself.:disappointed: If that ain’t parenthood in a nutshell.:disappointed: I will need new clothing eventually. I’m ok with waiting till I lose more weight though. But gosh it is nice to get something new and cozy here and there! I guess I splurged but it was only for my kids.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I have always been stingy, but not with my family. I buy the good stuff for my kids and nephews and niece, but not for myself.
I also buy the good stuff for my dogs and cats. I usually do not check the price when it comes to their toys.

Once in a while I buy a nice ladies bag, though, but only during store sale. :)

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Katie M Katie M I have the retro Nintendo with Super Mario Bros, Dr. Mario, Pac-Man, etc. Rick got it for me a couple years ago for Christmas. I've always loved Nintendo. When we first got it, our son made all kinds of fun of me. Then he and the kids came up one day and they spent the day playing Nintendo. We had a blast.

My splurging has been the she-shed.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I splurged on a huge hot sauce collection a few months ago. Lately I have been splurging on trying different restaurants in town to see who has the best sandwiches or omelets. I don't think I've ever gotten a bad sandwich, but I had a bad omelet the other day. The veggies were dried out on the inside, and it was burnt brown on the outside. :headshake:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I splurged on a huge hot sauce collection a few months ago. Lately I have been splurging on trying different restaurants in town to see who has the best sandwiches or omelets. I don't think I've ever gotten a bad sandwich, but I had a bad omelet the other day. The veggies were dried out on the inside, and it was burnt brown on the outside. :headshake:
That's the best omelet..I like it when it's got those crispy edges...:yummy: Jon loves it when I burn his omelet-I didn't like it but I got to getting used to it-at least if the browning is throughout then the cheese is nice and melted inside..

I always splurge on the cats..we have more cat trees and scratching posts than we need. I need one more big tall tree for the office but need to empty the office of storage first...that's the next thing splurge on. A new bed in there and a big cat tree....maybe next year if overtime comes back...

Yes I am cheap and tight with my money but spend on Jon which he gets annoyed with-he hatespeople wasting money...I am always bringing home a treat or something yummy for him...If I don't have the money for something..I just wait until the following summer-and probably find it at a yard sale or flea market for pennies on the dollar...I just hate paying Retail prices..I know what wholesale prices are-and just won't part with my money unless it's a huge need.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I shop year round...mostly online anymore,and tuck things away for Christmas for son, daughter in law and hubby.I did splurge and buy myself and hubby a new pair of dearfoams slippers....

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Last summer I splurged on a set of cat towels, handtowels and washcloths. My old set was getting worn. It was only about
$80 at a discount store.

Usually splurging is buying something at a thrift store - something for the house or clothes, and under $10.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The last thing I splurged on was to get a new Samsung S10 phone. I was actually there to get my husband a new phone because he had a Samsung S6 that wasn't holding a charge anymore. I wasn't going to get myself one (I had an S9), but they didn't have any S9s, so I caved and got myself a 10 and gave him my 9. I'm not sorry I did, even though I'll be paying for it for awhile.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For myself, perfume. I have a sensitive nose and there are some smells I just cannot handle, which, unfortunately for me, means I tend to have tastes that run on the side of expensive, especially considering our income. My husband often gives me a bottle every couple of years as a gift. I always am looking for them on sale, but, even on sale, they are splurges that I have to save up for. The one I want at the moment is from House of Matriarch, which is my favorite perfumery, just edging out Penhaligon. I love Antinomy by HoM. I ordered a sample of Witchmusk and now I am regretting it because I cannot bring myself to buy it any time soon, or if all. My husband got me Antinomy for Yule last year because he saw that they had a massive sale. It is gorgeous.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I splurged and bought a Crock-Pot a few weeks ago. It was on sale, but I needed one. I made a chili with sweet potatoes, hot sausage, kale, black beans and tomatoes in it and my cats unplugged the thing and it sat out for 9 hours while I was at work. I cooked it up when I got home though and prayed I wouldn't get food poisoning. I didn't and it tasted pretty good for a recipe I made up.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I bought a 91 dollar eyeshadow palette I customized. I'd say that was definitely a splurge lol but I'm always splurging on my boys. They don't need any more toys, but you bet I'mma buy five new ones lol

Elphaba09 Elphaba09 I have found, after many attempts, that with my sensitive nose, I just can't wear perfume (gives me headaches and can also make me nauseous), so I just use strongly scented body lotion, shampoo, and conditioner. I envy those who can wear perfume and not want to puke lol