SPITTING!

fredsmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My five week old kitten has started this spitting thing! Whenever he gets wild and is in an attacking mode he will make this spitting sound! He doesnt hiss just the spitting. Where did he learn to do this? I read that it is a sign of agression. Who does he think he is spitting at mommy! haha Is there anything I should do to stop it or is this normal?

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Its perfectly normal. I actually get a kick out of it. He is learning how to be a cat. It usually calms down a bit once they get the hang of it. It is natural response for them. Practice makes perfect LOL

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fredsmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks Sandie! I was worried that he was getting nasty! I am such a novice with this cat thing so Im really trying to learn what is normal and what isnt. Thank God for this website! Ok so the little poop is learning to be a cat. He thinks he is too cool.....sigh........I think I have a very strong personality developing with this little stinker!

illusion

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by FredsMom
Thanks Sandie! I was worried that he was getting nasty! I am such a novice with this cat thing so Im really trying to learn what is normal and what isnt. Thank God for this website! Ok so the little poop is learning to be a cat. He thinks he is too cool.....sigh........I think I have a very strong personality developing with this little stinker!
Fred sounds like he is so much fun! You should be happy you have such an active cat with a strong purr-sonality!