Spirit has gone to the spirit world

puddykat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It is with great sadness that I post the last picture taken of our beloved kitten called Spirit. he has been missing for over a week now and we all know that he is not coming back. He came to us as a rescue cat> e was only half the size of his brother and we took him in. We fed him cooked organic chicken to help him gain weight. He was so majestic, so proud and would wait until the other cats were done eating before he ate from his own dish. Last year we lost Jumper ( a three legged stray who lived in our back yard) to a huge snake who tried to swallow him whole. After we heard the cat screams and found him half way inside the snake we knew it was too late. We had to kill the snake as we did not want it around the birds or the children, it was over 6 feet long. 

Spirit knew he was not long for this world, the day before he went missing, no one could fins him, and finally he was found in the meditation room, sitting with his eyes closed.

Spirit, you will be with us forever in our hearts. 

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart goes out to you, I know the pain of losing a beautiful little soul like Spirit. It breaks my heart to think he didn't even want to put anyone out with his passing, so he just quietly disappeared, just like he waited so patiently to eat. He will be sorely missed from your life, I pray you have your precious memories to comfort you. It is never easy to accept their going, but know in your heart he would never want you to be so sad when you remember him, but would want you to celebrate the time he spent here on this earth with you and the sharing of your love. I cry for the loss and how much you are hurting, I wish I could take it all away. Take care of yourself.......... RIP beautiful Spirit, you will be forever held in a loving heart!

peterbald love

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh, my heart is broken, I hate that snake for doing that. Your cat was beautiful

Spirit
will be in your heart forever. R.I.P sweet little girl.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

puddykat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
To Di and Bob - Thank you for your kind words. That picture was the last picture we took of him. Every one here misses him, even Puddy Kat who is pictured in the avatar was showing grief, cats know when other cats are gone from this world.

To Peterbald - It was not the snake that got Spirit, that snake got Jumper. Thank you for your kind words. Spirit was a male not a female.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry that Spirit is missing, but one week seems too early to assume he's gone forever. I volunteer at a shelter and have seen cats reunited with their owners after weeks or even months. Nobody knows where they were between going missing and being found, but it happens pretty frequently. :cross: that he turns up safe and sound.

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry about your kitty Spirit.  What a beautiful kitty!  Maybe he will yet turn up even yet.  But when they start hiding from us that does mean they aren't well.  It sounds like you fed him very well.  And I'm so sorry about your other kitty too.  :'(  Hugs. 

puddykat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry that Spirit is missing, but one week seems too early to assume he's gone forever. I volunteer at a shelter and have seen cats reunited with their owners after weeks or even months. Nobody knows where they were between going missing and being found, but it happens pretty frequently.
that he turns up safe and sound.
I hear you and know what you mean, Puddy Kat was also missing for a week, he came home barely able to walk. Face all marked up, bleeding from both ears, and one hind leg clawed up pretty bad and the front paw was always held up. Upon closer inspection I found numerous claw marks every where, I do not know if it was cats or from some other kind of animal. My point is that the very strong instinct to come home is much stronger in older cats. Puddy Kat slept for two or three days only meowing quite loudly for me to take him to his dish and to the litter box. One week later he is getting around, slowly but at least getting around, shows you the healing power of being with the master so to speak. He is saying this: "look it, it is night time and I have to go out and do cat things RIGHT NOW" To which I say to him, "No way you are going out when you are only using three feet, when you can use four feet and have all four paws on the ground you can go out."  He just looks at me the way cats do after they are told something they don't want to hear. They did a special 4 part show about what cats do and where they go in England, they used tracking collars and go pro cameras on the cats, it was very interesting to see just how far some cats went from home and what they did. The best part was they filmed a cat jumping from different heights with an x ray machine, awesome body and bone movement to see how they land. In this area there have been many pets go  missing because of larger predators like snakes, many cobras have been seen here, Puddy Kat has killed two babies in the past two years, so that is why we are keeping the cats inside until we find mama and papa snakes and call the snake catchers to get rid of them.

ruthm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am sorry for the losses as well. However, have you considered hiring a Pet Finder?  If you want me to, I know of someone who used services of a Pet Finder;her kitty was hiding close by the entire two weeks he was missing.

puddykat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I am sorry for the losses as well. However, have you considered hiring a Pet Finder?  If you want me to, I know of someone who used services of a Pet Finder;her kitty was hiding close by the entire two weeks he was missing.
We do not have those services available here. The children went out every day after school looking all around to try to find him and he was no where to be found.