Speedy, Also Known As Paw-paw!!

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought this may be the best forum, but am not sure. The following is not a problem but rather something that makes me very curious and I also find endearing. My Siamese/calico sweet girl, Speedy , who has been with me almost five years is very sweet-natured, friendly and not very vocal. I often find her posing with one or the other paw raised when she is waiting for me, after she brings me a toy, waiting for me to wake up, etc. She is not in any pain and has good health. It is rather sort of an expression of hers. I never had a cat that would do this. Does anyone know of this in cats? She will also raise a paw if she sees me getting a treat out. She looks very dainty when she does this. I find this gesture fascinating and wonder if all that much is really known about cat behavior. :):):):):):):):):):):hellocomputer::):):):):):):):):):)

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I guess it's just that she's being more expressive with her actions like some cats are more expressive in their vocals.

Like me boy, when he wants to eat, he'll meowand then he'll face rub my hands and gnaw on my hands and if he does not have enough to eat, he'll use his paw to pull my hand while I'm spooning out his food from the can.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my God tabbytom tabbytom , I think that is great and funny too how your guy will "help" you spoon out the (more) food! I just find this fascinating how cats talk to us and wish I could research cat behavior. Thanks so much! Yes, Speedy is very quiet with her vocals.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is trying to get your attention and found a way to do it. You fuss over her when she raises her paw, so she does it now because she knows she is cute. Like a Pointer at attention, it may be a focus issue too, when she is focusing on something hard, it may be her way of concentrating. I am fascinated by the fact that she has Siamese in her and isn't very vocal, I can't get mine to stop!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you di and bob di and bob , I did not think of the idea that maybe it is a concentration gesture. I never thought about that idea. Last night I took out the treat bag for an "experiment" and Speedy came over, sat down quietly at my feet and raised a paw. I waited some seconds and she just sat there with the paw raised! Yes, she is a Siamese with calico points, but I hardly ever hear her meow.! :) Thank you again and I am so excited seeing and hearing from all my friends on the new site!!!! :daisy: :bluebutterfly: :daisy: :purplebutterfly: :daisy: :bluedragonfly: :daisy: