Speedboat

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This morning we had to send our precious Speedboat on to Cat Heaven. He had problems that the vet could not diagnose, low blood platelets, low wbc. Two weeks ago he started having serious appetite problems. A blood test showed these blood problems along with renal failure. The vet could not feel anything in his body. We opted not to go the route of test after test. He was treated with Clavamox, K1, Pepcid and other meds for nausea. Last night we started him as a last resort on Prednisolone syrup. He had stopped eating and I was having to liquify his food and give it in a syringe. He bled and bled where they put the needle in his leg to draw blood. His creatine and bun had greatly increased to very high numbers. We couldn't watch any more so we made that dreaded decision. He was a beautiful red tabby cat, 14 years old. He was our sweetheart cat. We are so heartbroken. Speedboat, we will never forget how much you loved us. His favorite place in the whole world was in my lap. Now it feels so empty. I don't know how to show a picture on here or I would do it so everyone could see how beautiful he was. His best buddy, Max, a 12 year old tuxedo went on to Cat Heaven in 2005. I like to think they are finally together there now forever and ever. We will see you both again, sweet boys, until then there will be a very big hole in our hearts. Run and play. We are so glad you both are free of all the needles, pills and yucky food we had to try to give you. Please come see us in our dreams.

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss - everything you did, you did for love - and I'm sure Speedboat is free of pain and playing now, and watching you with all the love he had for you here.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got your Pm.
So sorry about Speedboat again.
I wish I could have helped more.
If you have photobucket you can upload pics there and then use the img code to post the pics here.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. You now have 2
cats waiting for you.

He only knew love and tenderness. That final kindness brings us so much pain, but it releases theirs.

God bless you.

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss, but you did the right thing. I know I will have to face that someday too, but I'm a firm believer in quality trumps quantity. I believe this is a better solution than to put your kitty through more pain.

jil05

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aww, I had been following your thread praying for Speedboat's recovery.
I am so, so sorry for your loss. R.I.P. dear Speedboat.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
RIP Speedboat

I am sorry for your loss. Speedboat is not suffering anymore, and is watching over you and your family from the spirit world