Special Cats Meow Toy

artyjill

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Anyone like me having a cat that wasn't socialized get the cat meow toy. It has helped so much. She wouldn't come out the bedroom and l couldn't get to her being disabled but the second time l put it on she was out playing with it, it brought her sitting near me and being with me and other things she tried.She felt comfortable with me for the first time. Every time she goes and hide's l put it on, after a while and she is out to play. I can shout the mouse is on Daisy and she is running in. Best money l have spent for her.

She s now playing the oval track were a ball lights up and there is gaps for a cats paw. Also Learnt without me helping to use the scratching post,

Jill

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have heard lots about this toy, but have been hesitant to get one as I heard they can break easily.  So glad she likes it and will come out to play.  It's always nice when you finally find a toy they enjoy!

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Have you heard of the Ware Manufacturing Remote Control toy?  This is great if you are disabled because you can put it near you and control it with a remote control.  I was a little worried when it first arrived because it seemed small and poor quality but it has turned out to be the perfect size and is holding up well to daily use by two young active cats.   My cats will even play with it when it isn't turned on.  In fact, I left it on the kitchen counter the night it arrived without setting it up and they actually jumped on the counter, which they never do, and went after it.

Am so glad you're finding good toys for your girl!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artyjill

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the email, she never gets fed up of it. It stops for a Little while when its been on a lot  and she doesn't like it and stomps of to bed. The only thing that's happened to it is the orange tubing  that goes round comes out  but its goes on and its normally comes of after she has caught it. I bought a lot of small cat toys and there not cheap in fact i think there a high price for what you get, l have the sticks with the feathers on and at first when she was younger she loved them but not bothered at all now.

Just wish she would come to me and let me stroke her but am still struggling with that. The breeder never socialized her so its pretty hard going. She is a lot better as she doesn't hide all the time but if l go in a room were she is she darts out and if l move quickly she runs, have had her for 14 weeks now. She needs to be spayed but l can't get near her to put her in the carrier.

Am going to post on behavior to see if anyone has any new ideas. As l am disabled l can't get down to give her treats, but l think she would run away. One night she was sniffing my legs and l thought she is getting better but it only happened once.

Just longing to be able to have her on my knee,

Jilly

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I'm wondering if the Cat Charmer might help you.      

My recently adopted cats LOVE this toy.  It's basically a multicolored strip of elastic cloth hanging from a wand but it's very versatile in terms of movement.  Kind of mesmerizing for cat owner as much as cat.  I can sit in my chair and wave this thing all around and they go absolutely nuts.   They will come to me and ask to play with it.  I keep it tucked down behind my chair cushions where they can't get to it unsupervised because I read a review about a cat ripping a piece off and getting it stuck in her stomach - anyway, my cats will ask to play with it by approaching the chair with me in it and standing up and batting at the wand portion that's visible to them.  Since I've only had my two guys for 6 weeks and since they have yet to grace my lap with their presence, this has been a way to encourage them to come interact with me.

I've never had a cat who wasn't socialized before but these two present me with some of the same problems.  Unlike every cat I've ever had in the past, they are not lap sitters, they don't sleep on my bed, they don't cuddle, they never meow and up until last night, I'd never heard either of them purr.  They will definitely interact with me as long as we are playing with a toy but they don't even seem to enjoy being groomed.  They showed no fear or hiding upon arriving and come to me all the time for play time - they just don't seem to want to cuddle.  I'm hoping with time, that will come.    Anyway, I sympathize with your problem.   Somehow you have to entice your baby to come out to you.  Maybe with the Cat Charmer you could periodically have it drop in your lap while she's chasing it.  Assuming she chases it.  That's always the thing isn't it?  You just have no idea what they'll like in advance.

I think you're wise to post on Behavior.  I think you'll get lots of good ideas.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artyjill

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much for the reply, l went to have a look at the cat charmer and l liked it but have to see if its on amazon uk

Another thing l bought Daisy was a game for the floor, have forgotten the name of it but you click the tubes together in different shapes and a ball is in the tubes which lights up while its moving and goes of when it stops, there are gaps in the tubes for the cat to get her paw in and they bat the ball around. At first l didn't think it was wide enough but it is, a friend put it together and l left it on the floor as l couldn't get down and if l did l would be stuck down there, anyway it was there a bit but one night l heard this funny noise in the night and went into my room and there was Daisy playing with it so she had learned herself what to do. My friend was hoping she would see her as she comes each day but Daisy shoots away.

You can buy add ons for the game ;like a  massage part and a cat nip one as well. Am just going o bed now but tomorrow will look for the name of it, l remember on the box two cats were playing together with it.

Jilly