Spaying Kitten some precautions?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

daones

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She should be fine without the cone.
Yeah, just about to go to sleep over here, checked on her a few times mostly seems to be sleeping now should be ok until tomorrow ill see how it goes.. found with other cats they end up getting used to the cage over time.

daones

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So everything went well with her, we got the stitches taken out over the weekend... Have to say probably the easiest female cat ive had to get spayed... We only had to use the cone the last day where she was bothering the incision spot. Anyway shes back to her normal self...next up we got the boys her 2 brothers... Still one of them hasnt been bad at all (you'd think he was spayed already just cares about eating) but the other one is always making noise wanting to go outside.

daones

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Good to hear! When will the males get neutered?
Pretty soon probably within a week to 10 days, just giving them and myself a break for some normality around the house not having to keep them separated.. As of now they cant do any harm since we just have 2 boys not neutered but all the girls are spayed now.. We also dont let them go outside at all.

daones

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
With the Corona virus we ended up delaying neutering our last cat, Although we did Neuter one of the boys before this happened...just after my last post is when things started to get crazy, we did manage to get one of them neutered right when coronavirus was coming around.

But now things are going back to normal... We took the last cat to be neutered today but the blood tests showed the same issue as his sister, related to kidneys the Creatine test would normally be under 2.0 but his was slightly high at 2.6 so the vet told us to wait a few weeks and also gave some medicine, were also going to change the dry kibble to something less salty as advised by them. We were using Whiskas as they are really picky but were going to try Fit & Firm as our overweight cat eats that and they seem to like it anyway.

Last edited:

daones

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Here is the gang all grown up, the one we still have left to spay is on the left with the blue collar his name is See-Fah.
1592142898873.png

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honestly for overweight cats its best to feed the wet food. Dry food is extremely fattening and very high in carbs. :)
I always recommend checking out catfooddb.com to find out what quality of food you are feeding and what other could be better quality but not break the bank. :)

daones

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Honestly for overweight cats its best to feed the wet food. Dry food is extremely fattening and very high in carbs. :)
I always recommend checking out catfooddb.com to find out what quality of food you are feeding and what other could be better quality but not break the bank. :)
Yes we tried that many times with our cat Sticker she is about 6 years old now, we used to feed her a mixture of dry-wet food when she was younger suddenly one day she just stopped eating it, we tried numerous times over the years she wont touch wet food at all for some reason.. She is probably the most pickiest cat, she doesnt eat anything but dry food... She wont eat fish or anything that we may sometimes give our other cats. Were actually going to take her to the vet soon as were done with the last neutering and shots for our younger cats.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I have a cat who will not eat any wet food; only dry food. She does love table scraps though. But she’s healthy and happy! :)

daones

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So sad to see this, forgot about this post... So basically the first one in the picture far left is Seefa (blue for thai) one day he disappeared and never found him again.. He managed to run outside (they used to like to go outside around the house)... So to this day never found out what happened whether he got sick or someone just took him... I even asked all around the neighborhood... The 3rd from the left is his brother yellow he succumbed to a sickness that came on suddenly. Seefa was very loving cat, craved attention and was like a father to a litter of strays I adopted to rehome.

Thankfully the other two 2nd from left and the one in the back are still well and kicking, the one with green eyes is the mother and in the back is her daughter... they still together everyday being naughty and sleeping/grooming together. I think when sticker passes on I will just have those two left.

1680371644491.png