Spaying a 3.5lb teacup kitty

Avining5

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello. I'm new to this site but would appreciate any experience you have with spaying a teacup dwarf kitten. While fostering Tribble I noticed she wasn't growing like the rest of her mates. I got her at 2wks and bottle fed her so I'm quite attached. I adopted her when she was diagnosed with megacolon. Now I'm concerned for her to get spayed. She's about the size of a guinea pig. Should I be concerned with the surgery. She has become my baby and I don't want to put her in danger. Thank you

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello. I'm new to this site but would appreciate any experience you have with spaying a teacup dwarf kitten. While fostering Tribble I noticed she wasn't growing like the rest of her mates. I got her at 2wks and bottle fed her so I'm quite attached. I adopted her when she was diagnosed with megacolon. Now I'm concerned for her to get spayed. She's about the size of a guinea pig. Should I be concerned with the surgery. She has become my baby and I don't want to put her in danger. Thank you
2 lb is the lower limit for spaying so you should be good.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Usually, yeah, it should be safe at that size. . .but it depends on her general health. I'd definitely run bloodwork first, and have her spayed at a full animal hospital so they have access to emergency care if necessary. What does her vet say?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Avining5

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We did full workup and chem profile and no issues. I also had her tested for feline viruses just in case and all negative. Shes in good health but the anesthesia is a concern. Shes been put under twice for megacolon and made it through. I guess since the appt im getting nervous. Thank you for the replies