Spayed Cat Won't Stop Meowing. I'm Losing It!

alybo5

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Had my cat spayed 3 years ago and the vet didnt remove her ovaries. She went in heat a little bit after that but was fine and never got heat until now. She's been constantly howling and meowing for over 2 months. 24/7. My sister and I get absolutely no sleep. Neighbors have started complaining too. We took her for an ultrasound and there weren't any cysts or weird going on. We're so disturbed and are worried about getting kicked out. The vet we trust her with (since the last one screwed up) keeps delaying his visit since he's out of town. And we don't have many vets here.

Honestly, I am losing it. Haven't had proper sleep in a month now. Will the hormone injections stop this or do I need to find her a mate?

She also has nasal discharge during her heat.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

alybo5

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
NOTE: She pisses and poops EVERYWHERE. We've tried every litter but she continues to piss on beds, plates, kitchen slip... It is too much for us to handle now because we're supporting ourselves and need our mental peace. I don't know what to do.

Last edited:

momto3cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If she still has her ovaries she is not spayed. Unfortunately she will keep going into heat until she is spayed properly. I'm sorry you're going through this, I know how frustrating it is to deal with a cat in heat. Aren't there any vets in the area who can re-spay her? Even if you have to travel a ways to get her to a decent vet, it will be worth it when she's feeling better and you can all sleep.

alybo5

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If she still has her ovaries she is not spayed. Unfortunately she will keep going into heat until she is spayed properly. I'm sorry you're going through this, I know how frustrating it is to deal with a cat in heat. Aren't there any vets in the area who can re-spay her? Even if you have to travel a ways to get her to a decent vet, it will be worth it when she's feeling better and you can all sleep.

I'm sorry for not being knowledgeable on this but she is spayed, the vet left her hormones or something behind. :S

haleyds

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She needs to have follow up surgery. It sounds like they left a piece or more of her ovaries intact and this behavior will not stop until they are completely scooped out. That's why she pees and poops everywhere as well, she is marking. There's really no other solution and hormone shots will cost more in the long run than just having a second surgery.

alybo5

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She needs to have follow up surgery. It sounds like they left a piece or more of her ovaries intact and this behavior will not stop until they are completely scooped out. That's why she pees and poops everywhere as well, she is marking. There's really no other solution and hormone shots will cost more in the long run than just having a second surgery.
Vets refused to perform surgery on her for some reason. It took them half an hour to even find that piece via ultrasound. She peed on the floor and this time my sister slipped and broke her hip :( She's in hospital. Vet gave cat the injection 20 hours ago but no change as of now.

tvet

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am not knowledgeable on this subject whatsoever but are you sure the peeing and pooping are not a sign of something more serious? Meowing constantly could be a sign of another issue? I know they mask their illnesses well....i would have her checked for other problems. Bloodwork? None was mentioned. Maybe you could try another avenue? Just a thought. Good luck and I hope everything works out.

haleyds

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would seek another vet if at all possible, I am not an advocate of rehoming but maybe if you can find a good rescue they can get her surgery or if not maybe they can find her a home where the issues may not be so severe. I'm so sorry for what you're going through, I know how hard heat is for a week I cannot imagine going through it constantly.