Spay

elgr49

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just got my 4 month old Tiger kitty spayed yesterday , her name is Emma. I'm pretty sure shes mad at me for taking her to the vet and having to fix her Cone on her head when she tries to rip it off. This morning i walked up to her and was talking to her and she jumped at my face, ( her pupils were so big) but she wanted to sleep with my Boyfriend all night on the couch. She hates me now. :cloudy::nono::(:(:(:headshake:

Attachments

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
Awww, that is a sad look on her face but she is very cute. I don't think Emma will be mad at you very long and she certainly does not hate you. Cats are forgiving. I highly recommend visiting other sections of the forum for this issue.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

elgr49

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is her today.

Esther Mechler

TCS Member
Guest Expert
Purraise
Good morning! Very cute kitty, Emma! An encouraging answer for you, I think, in that some anesthesias have an aftereffect that can linger a few days. It is very possible that this is what is affecting Emma. Keep an eye on her and if this does not lift in a few days, contact your veterinarian.

Dr. Phil Bushby

TCS Member
Guest Expert
Purraise
I just got my 4 month old Tiger kitty spayed yesterday , her name is Emma. I'm pretty sure shes mad at me for taking her to the vet and having to fix her Cone on her head when she tries to rip it off. This morning i walked up to her and was talking to her and she jumped at my face, ( her pupils were so big) but she wanted to sleep with my Boyfriend all night on the couch. She hates me now. :cloudy::nono::(:(:(:headshake:
There is now way to tell for sure why she "jumped at your face" but it is probably not that she hates you. Eyes dilated, acting strangely, is most likely residual effects from the anesthetic drugs that she was given. In addition, cats do "hate" those Elizabethan collars that some veterinarians use after surgery.

My suggestion, be patient with her for a few days. She will return to normal and especially will be happy when the collar is removed.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:think: What about using a T-shirt or Onesie as a wrap instead of the collar? I have seen posts here and on Facebook about using those options instead. Myself, my spayed queens are almost exclusively feral so they get by without anything.

Dr. Phil Bushby

TCS Member
Guest Expert
Purraise
:think: What about using a T-shirt or Onesie as a wrap instead of the collar? I have seen posts here and on Facebook about using those options instead. Myself, my spayed queens are almost exclusively feral so they get by without anything.
The purpose of the collar is to prevent the cat from licking/chewing at the incision site. You certainly cold try the t-shirt or Onesie option and see how she reacts. As long as she is not going after the incision you are good.

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
Dr. Bushby, that idear is so clever (and os many cats hate "cone" collars) it would make sense for veterinarians to change their recommendations.