Spay your cat, you idiot!

tobi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I hope this is in the right forum...

This makes me so mad. I called up some places today to see how many/what sorts of kittens they have/would have available in about a month. I found one ad for a ragdoll x manx. Now, we all know ragdolls are gorgeous, and one of the nicest cats I ever had was a manx... so I thought, score! It was only 5 and a half weeks old, and I wouldn't want to be taking it home for another month anyway, so it'd be perfect.

I called the number, expecting a foster carer or something (it was on a pet rescue website).

This is how the conversation went:

me: Hi, I'm just calling about an ad for a kitten I saw... when will he be available? He's only a little one so I thought it might be good cos I'm looking for one in about a month's time.

Some weird bogan guy: Yeah, mate, ah, you're too late mate, someone came picked him up yesterday, they like em small ay, they're just cuter ay. But don't freak out cos she's preggers again, yeah, we gotta keep a better eye on that girl ay! Yeah, she's the ragdoll, well actually a ragdoll cross, she's a pure black one, there aren't many of them so she's pretty rare, yeah, but she's a special girl ay. Yeah, the next ones will be black too cos there's a black cat that hangs out and we think its his, he's just a normal cat, those manxs are a bit weird lookin ay, bit wild he was, but yeah, ay, call in like 6 weeks or so cos she been preggers for 2 now, so we'll keep one for ya ay

Now, if I wasn't a shy idiot, I would have said: "Get your cat desexed or keep her inside! You let her get pregnant 2 and a half weeks after giving birth! You IDIOT! You sold a 5 and a half week old cat! Go grow a brain and give your poor cat to me!"

what I did say was "Oh never mind, I'm looking for one sooner than that" and hung up before I could listen to him anymore.

People like that really disgust me. I'm even going to post another thread about it. Have they never been to the RSPCA?!!

Nice to get that off my chest.

The thing most annoying is that he was asking $150 and advertised on a pet rescue site. And he was proud of his little girl for going out and sleeping with the neighbourhood.
I'm sure if it was his real daughter he wouldn't feel that way

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha!! Yeah, Im sure he wouldn't if that was his daughter!!

Thats terrible though! What an idiot! He's probably selling them and figures, oh I made a bundle off the first batch, why not try another!

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it's a pet rescue site, contact the mods/admin immediately. This guy shouldn't be allowed to place ads on it.

You'd be surprised how scummy people can be with human children, just like pets.

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
ugh, just awful...

I hear people say all the time how hard it is to adopt a pet these days... it's people like that that are the reason for it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tobi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The thing that makes me even more upset is that people are paying a hundred and fifty bucks for these kittens when the Aust Welfare League is selling them for 80 bucks, desexed and microchipped and with all their shots. He'll never learn as long as the idiots out there are buying them off him...

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG! I feel soooo sorry for the momma cat AND for the babies taken from mom waaay too soon b/c the owner is an ignorant greedy imbecile.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I honestly think you should report this fellow to whatever authority can deal with it. That's criminal IMO.

tobi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do you think so?
I hadn't even considered reporting him but I do have his phone number and the original ad... I'll send an email to the RSPCA and see if they can do anything about it.
I hope he gets what he deserves!

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would definitely report that jerk to the rspca. They may not be able to do anything unless he is keeping his cats in poor conditions, but if they visit it might put the wind up him and they may be able to get through to him that neutering his cats would be for the best.

tobi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I reported him =]
I don't know what will happen,
but I emailed them and outlined what was going on and supplied the phone number and the ad. No response yet, but I don't know that I should expect one.
Hopefully they get through to him.

hurdyburdy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That is so sad -- I glad that you made a report. Hopefully they will be able to explain to him why what he is doing is so wrong.

a_loveless_gem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tobi

I reported him =]
I don't know what will happen,
but I emailed them and outlined what was going on and supplied the phone number and the ad. No response yet, but I don't know that I should expect one.
Hopefully they get through to him.
The RSPCA will follow up on this and will contact you if they require a witness for any legal proceedings. Beyond that, carry on with life as per normal and give a couple more scritches to your kitty.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness!!!! What a freak!!!! I would have been furious too! Although, I doubt I would have said anything.

tobi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

Oh my goodness!!!! What a freak!!!! I would have been furious too! Although, I doubt I would have said anything.
Good, that makes me feel better about not saying anything to him... I felt like such a coward at the end of the call because I just let him go on...

kelicat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How dare he advertise on a rescue site

I don't know what kind of site it is, but is it monitered at all? Can you report his advertisements when he posts them sine they are clearly not rescue cats??

Very little in my life steams me more then byb's.
Cats or dogs, it is just insane what greed drives people to do.

** edited to add-- I just saw the post on this page that you did report him-- GOOD for you**