Spay wound after 5 days: Is it healing well?

Miisu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 6 month old female cat got spayed on Monday the 16th of November, so 5 days ago now. She has been acting normally: Energic, playful, eats well, doesn't seem to be in any pain.

The thing is, in Finland we don't really just call our vets or send them pictures. They will just tell you to come in, and the base price for 15 minutes is 60 €, so while I am ready to take her there if needed, I would like to avoid going for no reason. We don't have a car, which makes it more difficult and more stressful for everyone.

We didn't get a cone, only a fishnet type of suit that we were told to keep on for one day, but she destroyed it during the first night because it fit her really poorly and was kind of annoying in her neck region. We haven't seen her biting or licking the incision apart from a few licks during regular grooming, which we tried to softly stop.

Yesterday we noticed a small bump forming next to the incition. It feels firm, not like there is fluid inside. There has been no bleeding, no smells, no leakage. Some scabs forming at the bottom, but that's normal, right? It doesn't feel hot - I mean, it's warm, but she is entirely warm. No redness or swelling apart from that bump.

Any feedback, comfort or ideas are appreciated. I'm heading to bed so won't answer for a few hours.

Snapchat-879538405.jpg
Snapchat-1355578731.jpg

carebearbaby1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Looks fine. The lump is a small reaction to the internal sutures, it will go away soon.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Looks to be healing well, the wound is clean, no sign of redness. As carebearbaby1 said, the lumps are a natural part of the op, they will just go in time.