Spay incision.

luzifer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi! this is my cat lydia and she got spayed on april 28 and i have been checking her incision every few hours and when i checked today when i woke up it looked like this. showing you a picture of when i first got her vs right now. the thing that shocks me is that with only less than 4 days to go of the recommended 14 days intense supervision on her after her surgery this happens. and yes that is blood i believe, she just turned 6 months and after her pain medicine finished she’s been trying to run and jump around and get back to her playful self. my dad said it’s sometimes normal for it to happen but i don’t think it is when there’s blood involved. thank you 9341D4B8-CE92-48AB-82EC-3EA7F6F771F9.jpeg B24DC5CE-29C3-4C2B-AE5E-C08D18B4D8D5.jpeg

lucyrima

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'd ask the vet about it, but until they can see her or reply, you might want to just do a small dab of e.g. Polysporin cream/gel on the area, and if she licks it, it shouldn't harm her.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I agree - ask the vet - even send a pic to them. Chances are they will want to check her over, just to be on the safe side.

Re: Polysporin - just make sure it does NOT contain any kind of pain/local anesthetic as that is toxic to cats. And, try to keep the amount down to a minimum as ingesting it can cause stomach upset. An alternative is the use of chamomile tea bags - any grocery store variety as those are generally German - you don't want English, nor any additives/flavorings. Brew a bag in water, cool the liquid to room temp, and then dab it on the area several times a day. The tea has both healing and soothing properties, and it is considered an anti-bacterial/anti-fungal agent. It is also safe should she ingest any of it.