Spay Incision Infected.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah such a little sweetheart! I know her being a kitten makes her wound look seem more frighting but she should heal more quickly because she is a kitten. I think she should make a full recovery.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lakek

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Third day update!
Just waiting for the middle to close, wish it would already :(

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well it looks like less infection/puss. After you clean it can you put neosporin on it? (I heard that was cat safe plus she can’t lick it and it might help keep her fur clean easier.) It probably isn’t necessary but it might make you/her feel better and her scab to heal a tiny bit quicker.

How is she doing? Is she moving around more? Eating more? Like I said she will heal quicker because she is so young. A puzzle feeder can help keep her occupied.

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it were I, I'd just let it dry up......the cream/ointment will keep it 'wet' (and, if no "ooze", no need)

Kissamew

My attitude is inspired by cats....
Young Cat
Purraise
Maybe your baby is allergic to her stitches/glue, whatever they used to close up her wound. Just a thought. If that's the case it would make sense that it itches or tingles and gives her body a sensation she is not used to, so she cleans it. The cleaning would expose more tissue to the reactive substance. A baby onesie may help with coverage so she doesn't rub her wound on anything else, besides the onesie fabric. . My kitty is a shelter kitty and recently spayed, her wound healed very quickly and I didn't notice her paying an excessive amount of attention to it. Which is why I suggest an allergy. I don't know if Benadryl would be a good idea for your kitty, but maybe you could ask? I have had allergic reactions to adhesives bandages on my own skin and the whole body sensation was awful! I got blistering on the bandage site and it was painful. I hope your kitty is feeling better by now! Thank you for posting her pictures and recovery, it may help someone else!

Kissamew

My attitude is inspired by cats....
Young Cat
Purraise
Maybe your baby is allergic to her stitches/glue, whatever they used to close up her wound. Just a thought. If that's the case it would make sense that it itches or tingles and gives her body a sensation she is not used to, so she cleans it. The cleaning would expose more tissue to the reactive substance. A baby onesie may help with coverage so she doesn't rub her wound on anything else, besides the onesie fabric. . My kitty is a shelter kitty and recently spayed, her wound healed very quickly and I didn't notice her paying an excessive amount of attention to it. Which is why I suggest an allergy. I don't know if Benadryl would be a good idea for your kitty, but maybe you could ask? I have had allergic reactions to adhesives bandages on my own skin and the whole body sensation was awful! I got blistering on the bandage site and it was painful. I hope your kitty is feeling better by now! Thank you for posting her pictures and recovery, it may help someone else!
PS Forgive me but I'm still learning how to use the forum. Please do not use hydrogen peroxide on the wound. Hydrogen peroxide looks for protein and tries to eliminate it. Healthy skin does not respond to peroxide, so it just rolls off. Blood/dead tissue are protein's. In a sutured/glued wound the peroxide will deteriorate the new growing tissue and cause the wound to open because of that nature. I've seen it happen on human wounds. Not that anyone has suggested that to use, but as a caution for wound care. The picture looks to me as if the kitty's body is healing from the inside out and so the dead tissue (which can look crusty, scabby) is pushing out away from the wound. By all means follow up with a vet. I also don't see a tattoo mark for later reference that she has been spayed, although that could be gone because to the way of this wound by now.

Lakek

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I called the vet today that did it they said there’s nothing else that can be done. Just keep her in the e-collar and keep giving medicine for probably at least a month. It’s been looking fine, all scabbed up. She just woke up from her nap and it’s draining again :( hasn’t jumped from anything, has ran around, just been sleeping.
She still tries to be super active and eats and drinks a lot of water. Super hard :(

Lakek

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well it looks like less infection/puss. After you clean it can you put neosporin on it? (I heard that was cat safe plus she can’t lick it and it might help keep her fur clean easier.) It probably isn’t necessary but it might make you/her feel better and her scab to heal a tiny bit quicker.

How is she doing? Is she moving around more? Eating more? Like I said she will heal quicker because she is so young. A puzzle feeder can help keep her occupied.
She’s doing fine, she acts like a normal kitten and tries to be energetic