Spay Incision Healing Properly?

shanghaikitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey there, I just got my 1year old kitty spayed last Friday (7 days ago today) and I don't know if I am just over worried but I have never had to do post care after a spay before and I just want to make sure that her incision site is healing and where it should be after 7 days. We did have to go back to the vet on Tuesday to fix the surgical glue and have a antibiotic shot because there were some swelling that indicated a infection coming on. Since then, she has worn a inflatable collar while i am not home and at night. It doesn't appear to look swollen ( only on the actual cut), but I posted a picture (sorry if its graphic :cold:). I just want another opinion. She is eating, drinking, playing, and using the restroom like normal. She has just been sleeping a bit more ever since the surgery.
I am just so stressed out, and I have to go out of town next week for 3 days and I want her to be at a point that she is okay for me to do that. Even though I will still take her to my moms so she can be monitored.:cold:
Anyway, any reassurance or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Photos are attached:

Attachments

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That looks fine to me, no sign of any infection and seems to be healing well. Cats are very resilient.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The antibiotic shot is good for 10 days. So even if an infection is brewing that should take care of it.

Looks good to me.

lilin

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think it looks fine too. Body glue can be kinda ugly and lumpy, but the incision itself looks just fine. As long as the swelling stays down, no pus, and normal behavior, don't worry.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shanghaikitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for the reassurance! I have just been so worried. Do you guys know when I can stop making her wear the inflatable collar?

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Try taking it off for a while during the day but be with her. As long as she doesn't pester the wound by licking excessively, she should be ok but I would leave it on during the night. The wound could itch when it is healing and cause her to luck or scratch it. One of mine didn't need a collar at all whilst the other had to wear one for 10 days so it really depends on the cat.