Spam!

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a bit off-topic in the "Caring for Strays and Ferals" forum about Spam. That got me to wondering if anybody has a decent Spam recipe.

All I ever was able to use it for was for sandwiches or fried for breakfast meat. I don't dislike the stuff, but have to take it in moderation. Generally, I keep a can or two in the pantry for emergencies when I can't get to the store.

Anyone have any suggestions?

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I make ham salad out of it in the food processor with mayo,maybe a little onion and sweet pickle relish,I have also used it to make sweet and sour...onion,green pepper,chicken broth,pineapple tidbits and their juice,a touch of garlic and soy sauce to taste...a little cornstarch to thicken...serve over rice.Kids loved it too!

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a bit off-topic in the "Caring for Strays and Ferals" forum about Spam. That got me to wondering if anybody has a decent Spam recipe.

All I ever was able to use it for was for sandwiches or fried for breakfast meat. I don't dislike the stuff, but have to take it in moderation. Generally, I keep a can or two in the pantry for emergencies when I can't get to the store.

Anyone have any suggestions?
you can use it to make fried rice or grilled cheese spam sandwhiches with or with out a slice of dole pine apple or dice it up and add to a scramble with bell peppers and couple of eggs scrambled

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mom always had a can or two of Spam around. She'd either slice the meat and pan fry them and we'd have them with scrambled eggs for brunch or she'd cube up the meat and toss it into fried rice.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you google Spam recipes from Hawaii you will find a lot. It is very popular in Hawaii.

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I’ll share my wife’s favorite SPAM recipe-
Remove unopened SPAM from pantry
Deposit unopened SPAM in rubbish
Season hamburger with salt & pepper and grill

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick grew up eating creamed Spam on toast. It's comfort food for him. And yes, sometimes, I'll make it because he likes it so much. I've done the same thing with ham, but he loves the Spam.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Spam Swiss Pie

My DH and DD loved this recipe. I used to cut the Spam into small pieces and brown them with the onions before adding to the pie shell. I'm sure regular milk, evaporated milk or half and half could be used in place of the cream to lighten it up a bit.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chop spam, then sauté with a bit of brown sugar and a drained can of pineapple bits. Serve over rice.
Y'know, I have some pork glaze I made by reducing mulled cider. Maybe that would work well with this recipe too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spam Swiss Pie

My DH and DD loved this recipe. I used to cut the Spam into small pieces and brown them with the onions before adding to the pie shell. I'm sure regular milk, evaporated milk or half and half could be used in place of the cream to lighten it up a bit.
Is this something like a quiche? Sounds good.