soybean oil as one of the ingredients in a product

catsyalwz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,

I was wondering if you would use a product that contains soybean oil as one of the ingredients? I've read pros and cons on this ingredient. It is in a periodontal and joint health item I purchased. I wouldn't want to rub it on my cat's paws if it is not safe even though it sounded promising.

The product is1-TDC Dual Action Natural Support for Periodontal & Joint Health Health for Dogs and Cats.

Thank you for your time.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:welcomesign:
I'm no expert, but I looked at the ingredients panel, and it looks like soybean oil is last on the list if I'm not mistaken.
We're not fans of soy for pets in food, but, if this is for supplemental use only I'd try it for a month or two on a healthy animal to see what the results are. Are you using this for joint or dental health?
If you try it, please post back and let us know if you see results :wave2:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi, and welcome to TCS :hithere::welcomesign:

I've just done a little bit of digging, and it looks like soybean oil is safe for cats. Its soy protein that can be problematic for some animals, not the oil itself.

It's always best to run any supplements past your vet before trying them, just in case though. The soybean oil shouldn't cause a problem, and besides, it is the last ingredient on the list so there won't be a lot of it in there.
Alternative Treatments For Cats: How To Minimize The Risk