Sour Patch Cats

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Based on the tagline "First they're sweet then they're sour", describe how a sweet thing your cat(s) does can turn sour.

I will sometimes wake up in the middle of the night with Boone's head on my shoulder and his arm draped across my face with his paw resting on my cheek. :hearthrob: But... that tends to wake him up and then he stretches and either the claws come out into my cheek or the paw gets shoved into my neck, throat, or eye. :ohwell:

Gracie is definitely more sour than sweet. So she is my "reverse" Sour Patch Cat. There are plenty of times when she will be exceptionally bad and then come over, sit on my lap, purr, and look at me like, "I love you so much Mommy." She knows that melts my heart.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Amber will jump up purring and act all sweet and loving then when I go to pet her she will attack
I will sometimes be holding Boone and go to put him down and he will start attacking my hands. Not sure if it's to say "Hey, don't put me down" or "You shouldn't have picked me up in the first place".

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Willow will follow me around and rub up against me...
So that she can make the other cats jealous of her getting loved on :rolleyes3:🤣

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I would be brushing Bourbon's fur. She wriggles in pleasure and contentment, then without due notice, POW! A hard swat (with all nails out!)

Aniki waits until he's on my lap to fart.
This made me laugh, because last night my husband was on the couch watching TV, and Bourbon was by his head on the armrest. Suddenly, a loud fart. My husband shouted, "The heck, Bourbon!" I was rolling on the floor laughing.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat Coco rubs all over my face when I am trying to watch tv. She snores in my ear so I have to turn the volume up

Very cute but annoyingView attachment 362852
So now she snores in my ear and purrs at the same time and meows in her sleep. She has a baby meow when she wakes up. Kinda noisy. When she's napping on my lap she makes quiet pop noises

eva21513

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Millie plays fetch with these small soft sparkly balls I originally found at the grocery store, of all places. She actually dips them in water for some reason - it's definitely on purpose, because if I have two yellow ones, and she's dampened one, and I throw the dry one, she'll immediately dip it in water. Anyway, it's pretty stinkin' cute and I think it's sweet. What's a little sour is that when she wants to play at 5am, if I'm not awake yet, she finds all of these balls (over a dozen), dips them in water, and "fetches" them to me - aka, puts them all around my sleeping body and - yes! sometimes ON my sleeping body.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Just yesterday when I came home from work I discovered my heavy bathroom rug carried all the way to the bedroom. I have no idea who brought it there, or was it a team effort, because that rug could not be easily carried by one cat. I have my suspicions though, that 2 of them did it (the much younger ones). But it was placed there so neatly, on the middle of the bedroom floor, as if it was there on purpose and not by some naughty cat/s.

Meekie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Not sure this belongs here but I'd like to tell the story of the night I was awoken by a harsh knock on my door. Several raps in rapid succession. For a moment, I thought I might have been dreaming, but then they repeated.

I jumped out of bed, alarmed. Knocks like that in the middle of the night are never good. Was it the cops? Was the building on fire?

No, it was just my cat, leaning against the front door, scratching his side. Each scratch sent his leg banging against the door.

Another time I came home from work and immediately sensed something was wrong. I could feel tension in the air but didn't know why. I walked into the livingroom and saw a couple couch pillows on the floor and one of the scratching posts had been knocked over. This rarely happened.

All of a sudden, my cat Cosey came storming out of the bedroom in a blind panic. It took a moment for me to realize what had happened: I used to keep spare plastic bags (the kind with the handles you get from the supermarket) stuffed in a lower cabinet in the kitchen. Cosey used to like to go into that cabinet and dig around. Knowing the danger involved, I made sure the cabinet was always closed tight. Well, for one reason or another, she had gotten in there while I was gone and apparently one of the bags got stuck on her back leg.

Cosey was high strung, even for a cat, and prone to panic over the slightest thing. And here she was: stuck with this noisy plastic bag on her foot. She probably thought it was chasing her whenever she moved! It took a few minutes but I finally got her to calm down enough for me to remove it. When I did, she let out a huge meow of relief.

Needless to say, I moved those bags to an upper cabinet and filled the lower one with a bunch of old rags and towels for her. Of course, she never went in there again. Not sure if it was because she was scared or, as a cat, it was her duty to defy my expectations.