Soup in the oven!

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I googled alot. Yes it's possible! anything cooked on the stove can be done in oven which is better because the heat is all around. I was burning way too much on the stove. So veggies and beans are cooked at the same time and temp as chicken no matter how little they are cut?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I’ve never done soup in the oven but i do use the crockpot sometimes. It can get heavy with all the liquid though so I don’t know about using the oven for soup.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In summer I just put the slow cooker / crock pot out on the deck, plug it in, and make pulled pork or whatever outside rather than heat the kitchen.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
If this works and tastes as good,it will cook much faster. I'm not sure though if I will have to periodically take it out and stir

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I do the meat first, then about 30-45 minutes before the meat is done, I throw in veggies like chunked potatoes and carrots. Veggies like corn, peas, mushrooms go in about 15 minutes prior to the meat and larger veggies are done. Also, (and you don't have to do this) I place a piece of parchment paper on top of the kettle before putting the lid on...if the recipe calls for a lid.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I do the meat first, then about 30-45 minutes before the meat is done, I throw in veggies like chunked potatoes and carrots. Veggies like corn, peas, mushrooms go in about 15 minutes prior to the meat and larger veggies are done. Also, (and you don't have to do this) I place a piece of parchment paper on top of the kettle before putting the lid on...if the recipe calls for a lid.
I thought so. It's chicken thighs,broth coconut milk,spinach sun dried tomatoes, and artichokes,plus spices.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like a delicious combination.
I have made it on my stove in a cast iron pan. Always cause stains on my burners. It's also good with salmon. The recipe uses whip cream but I am lactose intolerant so coconut milk.