Soulistic Fans - Please read this!

brianna23

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just ordered 32 cans of pate shreds chicken dinner in gelee on sale and free shipping with code laborday at Petco.com!
I too ordered 32 cans since each case is only $7.92 right now of the chicken pate and shreds in gelee. I did notice that my petco is no longer selling them in store. Since they are available for so cheap right now, I'm wondering if they are discontinuing the line? This is one of the few that ALL my cats like and I'm okay with the ingredients. I especially love how it has chicken hearts, gizzards and liver. Plus no carrageenan, even though it does have other gums. I believe it to be lower in carb than the Harvest Sunrise and Good Karma, I used to feed those until I used the equation to get a rough estimate of the carbs in both. So the chicken in gelee was a great compromise thus far. I hope they don't discontinue it.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I too ordered 32 cans since each case is only $7.92 right now of the chicken pate and shreds in gelee. I did notice that my petco is no longer selling them in store. Since they are available for so cheap right now, I'm wondering if they are discontinuing the line? This is one of the few that ALL my cats like and I'm okay with the ingredients. I especially love how it has chicken hearts, gizzards and liver. Plus no carrageenan, even though it does have other gums. I believe it to be lower in carb than the Harvest Sunrise and Good Karma, I used to feed those until I used the equation to get a rough estimate of the carbs in both. So the chicken in gelee was a great compromise thus far. I hope they don't discontinue it.
It's been on sale online and in store for a while now. My store had it when I was there yesterday. I was surprised that the cats like it but they do.

brianna23

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's been on sale online and in store for a while now. My store had it when I was there yesterday. I was surprised that the cats like it but they do.
Really? Maybe your store hasn't sold out yet. I just know that mine didn't have any of the cans in gelee. I ask one of the workers and she said that they aren't getting that one anymore. She said usually when they go on clearance it's because they are either changing the label, the ingredients or discontinuing it.

msserena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
same here. Costco's the worst!

I heard Tiki Cat is reformulating as well, I was in the pet store last month & lots were on sale saying discontinued. One of the few brands my cats will eat! Hopefully it will be better than it was before.

BonitaBaby

Emotional Support Cat "Owner"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
At first, I was thinking, "Oh, great! I finally find a new wet cat food for my picky cat and it's getting discontinued possibly," but she's thrown up twice now and I think she's allergic to something in the ingredients then. If so, I'll have to keep her on dry kibble. She drinks water from a glass on my nightstand.

Petco is still giving out the $5 coupon, by the way. I decided to stock up on the chicken & turkey in gelee, but I might have to return all of them.

BonitaBaby

Emotional Support Cat "Owner"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I forgot to ask if anyone else's cat throws up after eating the Soulistic gelee wet food?

hbunny

Cat herder - Pooper Scooper
Super Cat
Purraise
I agree completely with LisaMarie12's post, I've read some funky things on labels!  Chicken doesn't always mean chicken only.  It freaked me out to see that the "duck" food I bought had beef in it, that's when I really started reading the labels.

The only time I've tried the Soulistic, I bought two containers of the chicken, and neither of my cats would touch it. 

brianna23

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I forgot to ask if anyone else's cat throws up after eating the Soulistic gelee wet food?
Mine do not, but I do not get the Turkey one. I get the Soulistic Pate & Shreds Chicken Dinner Adult Canned Cat Food in Gelee  as I like the ingredients better. The turkey one has tuna as the 2nd or 3rd ingredient. Don't give up on wet food, it is very important for them to stay hydrated. I feed dry as well, but they get a wet food meal everyday. I love this one because it is Carrageenan free, low carb and has only one protein source. I did speak with a representative today and they said it is no longer carried in stores and will only be online. Sucks because I do like this particular can a lot and though he said he sees no signs of it not being sold online in the future, I think the fact that it is 41% off and has been for a while tells me it will leave for good sometime soon. :/

same here. Costco's the worst!

I heard Tiki Cat is reformulating as well, I was in the pet store last month & lots were on sale saying discontinued. One of the few brands my cats will eat! Hopefully it will be better than it was before.
NO WAY!?!?!?! My local pet shop still sells it. I really hope they do not change the Puka Puka Luau and the Koolina Luau formulas! Those are the only canned foods my dry food addict will touch that don't have fish! :(

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the chicken dinner in gelee is a good seller, I always buy online at Petco.com when on sale, like now![emoji]128062[/emoji][emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]128062[/emoji]

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think the chicken dinner in gelee is a good seller, I always buy online at Petco.com when on sale, like now![emoji]128062[/emoji][emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]128062[/emoji]
This one? The Aromatic chicken?

I picked this one up by accident once. It looks similar to the Harvest Sunrise. The texture is so weird. If anyone remembers the super ball from back in the day, that's what the texture reminds me of. The pate and shreds version has the gelee but it's softer and I think that that is why the divas in my house will eat it. They love the HS and the Good Karma but the Aromatic Chicken went over like a lead balloon. 

http://www.wham-o.com/brands/superball.html

Last edited:

msserena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
the aromatic chicken is the only one my cats will eat! That's one of the best ones though because the carb amount is like 1%. I tried to feed the kitties chicken dinner, pate & shreds, they wouldn't touch it. It does have liver in it so it's probably a lot richer. I just take the aromatic chicken & plop it out onto a plate & then break it all up with a knife. All my kitties love it. The good karma food is way too carby so I've never tried it. I think it's a good brand.

interesting they're getting rid of the cup line, there are a couple choices that are low carb, no fish.

I've also tried the autumn bounty & chicken dinner in pumpkin soup, nope, kitties don't like it.

msserena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
you're lucky your cats eat that, it's full of liver, hearts & gizzards. It's a good food, only about 5% carbs.None of my kitties would touch it! I have so much food that I paid for, I really don't know what to do with it & now they aren't even eating the weruva cases I just bought!

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
you're lucky your cats eat that, it's full of liver, hearts & gizzards. It's a good food, only about 5% carbs.None of my kitties would touch it! I have so much food that I paid for, I really don't know what to do with it & now they aren't even eating the weruva cases I just bought!
Sprinkle with crumbled chicken Purebites and withold dry, they will eat all

msserena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I actually just bought some fortiflora cause I've heard kitties won't refuse that. I never thought about putting some chunks of chicken in it, I will try that also